Join our new reopening team! We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and an engaging work environment. The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Worcester Auburn, managed by Crestline Hotels & Resorts, is newly renovated and will be reopening soon.
Crestlineis looking for a talented person who has a genuine care and passion for service to join their leadership team as the Operations Manager.
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing an exceptional experience to every guest while maximizing hotel profitability at the same time. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all hotel operations are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. The Operations Manager will achieve desired outcomes by planning, implementing, and controlling effective departmental strategies that drive results and through assisting in the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated and empowered operations staff. The Operations Manager will effectively lead, train, coach, motivate, engage and provide feedback to all operations staff and supervisors on a daily basis.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and execute innovative strategies that will drive the hotel to exceed guest satisfaction and revenues.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the operations team and other hotel departments to ensure guest expectations are always exceeded and hotel operations are always effectively executed.
- Anticipate guests’ and employees’ needs and respond promptly.
- Always promote positive guest relations.
- Ensure that the guest experience is pleasant and positive from arrival through departure.
- Analyze GSA scores and comments and enhance positive strategies and develop and execute action plans to eliminate deficiencies.
- Ensure all operations staff and supervisors are properly trained to standards and able to carry out the operations of each department.
- Work closely with department supervisors to develop them both personally and professionally.
- Ensure that all guest complaints regarding service and/or accommodations are investigated and resolved.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, cleanliness, and safety.
- Assist the Assistant General Manager and General Manager with the following employee relations activities: organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance.
- Provide Leadership / Mentoring to operations staff.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all operations department policies/service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features and services, all room types, rates, special package and promotions, daily arrivals / departures / room availability, scheduled in-house group activities, VIPs scheduled, in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements.
- Complete daily walk-through of all operations department areas observing the following and instruct designated personnel to rectify any organization deficiencies:
- Staffing - numbers, appearance, attitude
- Operational cleanliness and maintenance
- Service - appearance, merchandising, attitude
- General crispness, quality, and consistency of operation
- Storage areas - organization, cleanliness, inventories, and care of equipment
- Review and respond to daily operational demands as it relates to the hotel.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly departmental financial and payroll forecasts.
- Monitor security of public areas of the hotel.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting to review information pertinent for each day of business.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or 5 Years’ Work Equivalent Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel information systems is required.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.