Health Insurance; Quarterly Bonus; 401k; Paid Time Off and more!
Posted June 1, 2022Hotel Indigo Flushing
Hotel Opening Summer 2022!
We seek an experienced Chief Engineer to lead the hotel engineering efforts at our new hotel, the HOTEL INDIGO FLUSHING!
Primary responsibilities of our Chief Engineer include general maintenance and upkeep of all hotel facilities, including the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems, and related equipment in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. The Chief Engineer will supervise all engineering and maintenance operations and personnel, following company and brand standards, to ensure the highest levels of maintenance and guest satisfaction are maintained.
* 3-5 years hotel or building maintenance or engineering experience required. Supervisory or leadership experience required.
* Hotel pre-opening, construction or renovation experience preferred.
* Develop, implement and effectively manage the department budget, capital expenditures and engineering related objectives.
* Hire, train, schedule and manage maintenance staff.
* Ensure a safe environment which protects the assets, guests and all hotel associates.
* Develop, implement & direct all Emergency programs.
* Ensure all equipment is maintained. Conduct inspections & drills, ensure compliance with all codes and regulations.
* Exceptional follow-through; strong organizational skills and time management skills required.
* Property maintenance certifications preferred. Able to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
* When required, be available at the hotel during bad weather conditions.
* Able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, weekends and Holidays.
Our new hotel is scheduled to open Summer 2022!
Minutes from the bustle of Flushing Main Street — and just steps away from countless Taiwanese bakeries, Cantonese noodle shops, Shanghai-inspired dumpling houses, and lively underground food courts — Hotel Indigo Flushing gives you instant access to this busy, vibrant Queens neighborhood. Wake up refreshed, and enjoy the view from the king penthouse suites, with terraces and floor-to-ceiling windows offering a glimpse of the New York skyline. Jump-start your day with a cup of locally brewed coffee before heading out to a nearby business meeting or to explore Flushing's historic houses. At day's end, enjoy a meal or a cocktail on the heated terrace at our restaurant, a tranquil retreat from city life serving up dim sum against a backdrop of seasonal live jazz. Already have evening plans? The Library Lounge is a great place to enjoy some downtime before or after a night in the city.