With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The purpose of the Assistant General Manager (AGM) position is to assist Branch management in tactically executing complex QSR or Casual Dine or similar restaurant management operations. The AGM ensures the restaurant is clean, ready for business, staffed, and operates to high operational standards. The AGM uses prescribed policies and procedures to make management decisions.
- Completes opening, daily and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures
- Assists the GM/F&B Multi Unit Manager I in managing by supervising day-to-day activities of associates within a defined individual or group of restaurants or points-of-sale
- Interviews job candidates, makes hiring, termination, advancement, promotion or any other status change decisions for associates within the unit. Promotes HMSHost as an employer of choice within the local community
- Reads and understands financial and operational data and reports to monitor progress towards unit goals and assigns associates to meet those objectives.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of associates within a defined individual or group of restaurants or points-of-sale
- Ensures company and branch diversity and inclusion philosophy is understood and actively executed within the restaurant
- Uses judgment and discretion to resolve customer and associate questions and problems and determines when to refer more complex issues to senior level leaders
- Ensures compliance with all company adult beverage policies, and ensures all restaurant staff understand and follow AB procedures
- Assigns work tasks and activities, prepares schedules, and ensures that all shifts are covered
- Actively ensures all associates take all mandated rest breaks and meal periods
- Ensures display areas are appropriately clean, stocked, and visually appealing
- Ensures all equipment is in good working order
- Operates cash register and voids transactions as needed while following all HMSHost cash handling policies and procedures, and maintains proper security of cash at all times
- Monitors compliance with wellness and safety procedures and guidelines, builds awareness about wellness and safety, and reports any safety concerns to the GM
- Understands and performs all Health and Safety activities as specified in the Manager’s Guide to Associate Health and Safety
- Places orders for individual units, receives goods, processes invoices
- Ensures that the company has most current contact information for all associates working in the restaurant.
- Ability to work shifts during various operating days and hours each week; during opening, during busy day parts, and during closing to monitor restaurant associates’ work activities during these different days and times.
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local sanitary, safety, and health standards, and all procedures and protocols to comply with HACCP standards
Reporting relationship and other important information
- The AGM position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as a Exempt position
- The AGM position typically reports to the General Manager, Director of Operations, or an intermediate F&B Multi Unit Manager I within the assigned location.
- The AGM position is expected to work a varied and rotating schedule to be on site at various operating days and hours each week; some opening shifts, during some busy dayparts, and during some closing shifts to monitor restaurant associates’ work activities during these different days and times.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a minimum of 6 years food and beverage, cash handling, and customer service experience
- Requires a minimum of 4 years supervisory or lead experience in a Casual Dine restaurant or production kitchen
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)