GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III B
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
POSITION REPORTS TO: F&B Supervisor
The Server / Bartender provides friendly, attentive, and timely service by mixing and serving drinks, receiving, and delivering food orders, providing a positive dining experience, stocking supplies, maintaining accurate records of inventory, and demonstrating accurate cash handling.
The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended, at any time.
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Prepare and maintain a detailed table, before, during and after patrons are served.
3. Take orders and present food to guests.
4. Help guests' select food and beverage items (i.e.: explaining daily specials, offering appetizers, or answering food preparation questions).
5. Keep wait station area clean and restocked.
6. Adhere to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
7. Complete specific daily/weekly cleaning duties.
8. Provide excellent guest service by providing a positive dining experience.
9. Conclude dining experience by thanking the patrons and inviting them to return.
10. Create, maintain, and facilitate a positive work environment.
11. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights may be assigned.
Ability to maneuver in all areas of casino, ascent/descent from stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on tasks. Ability to lift at least 25 lbs. May regularly need to lift/ move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job function, with or without assistance.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color, and symmetry. Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required equipment and examine or update documents, records, data, instructions, logs, and files.
MENTAL Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing, analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability to concentrate on task over a period of time without being distracted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing functions of his/her job and in areas monitored by security or surveillance cameras. Work in casino operations and/or internal or external environments occasionally. Exposure to second hand smoke, moderate to high noise level, bright lights, fluctuating temperatures/weather conditions.