JOB TITLE: Network Engineer
GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III A
STATUS: Salary, Exempt
Job Code 201401
POSITION REPORTS TO: Network Engineering Manager
The Network Engineer's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) across the organization. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended, at any time.
1. Practice, support, and promote the Mission, Vision, and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Perform functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, planning, documentation, and configuration of networking, hardware, and/or software.
3. Maintenance, monitoring, and alerting, for a complex enterprise network environment.
4. Configure and manage firewalls, VPN services, and security appliances for access to vital business systems.
5. Manage complex switching and routing environments supporting secured access and voice and video services.
6. Interface with information security and other internal teams to design and continuously deliver security-related enhancements to the network.
7. Collaborate with other engineering teams to automate various processes, aid in capacity planning and changes to network architecture.
8. Develop automated methods to mitigate and remediate network events and minimize operational complexity.
9. Work in a heterogeneous environment containing diverse systems and applications and optimize them to work well together.
10. Experience working in a highly regulated environment (MICS, PCI).
11. Works with operational teams to resolve any outage or projects as required.
12. Helps build the knowledge base of the overall team.
13. Self directs small, but complex projects to meet critical deliverables
14. Work with project managers to develop appropriate vendor contract verbiage, service levels, equipment specifications, and project timelines.
15. Assist with and participate in disaster recovery testing.
16. Work on multiple projects and objectives simultaneously in a 7x24x365 environment.
17. Must maintain on-call rotation.
18. Create, maintain, and facilitate a positive work environment.
19. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
20. Perform other duties as assigned.
Extent Of Job Authority
Number of Initial Direct Reports: 0
Number of Initial Indirect Reports: 0
Scope of Management Authority: operates with Lead responsibility; no budget authority; reports to Manager level or higher.
Hiring Decisions: Recommend
Corrective Actions: No
Termination Decisions: No
Licenses Or Certifications (Required / Preferred)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional, (CCNP) required.
- Security certification such as Security+ or CISSP preferred
Education, Experience And Training For Position (Required / Preferred)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree or a comparable level of experience required.
- History of designing large-scale network.
- Experience with F5, wireless, or Palo Alto preferred.
- 3+ years' experience with Layer 2 protocols and associated enhancements such as LACP, 802.1x.
- 3+ years of in-depth experience with Layer 3 protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP.
- 3+ years of experience with stateful firewalls, non-stateful filtering and packet inspection.
- 3+ years' experience in programming or scripting to automate/build
- Minimum of eight (5) years of experience as a Network Engineer supporting enterprise networks and/or large data center environment.
- Experience implementing and maintaining monitoring and alerting for production systems.
Specific Skills/Knowledge/Abilities Required For Position
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of local area network architecture as well as computers and related technologies.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of the infrastructure requirements and components of local area networks, operating systems, network protocols and diagnostic tools.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: VPN (GRE, IPSec/SSL VPNs), Wireless (802.1g/n/ac), Network Load-Balancing.
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching technologies
- Demonstrate effective communication skills and effective interpersonal skills when interacting with various levels of personnel. Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Exhibit skills and knowledge of logic based deductive critical thinking to troubleshoot any network incident.
- Demonstrate strong written skills for documenting technical systems and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks to most efficiently problem solve.
- Exhibit extensive and superior guest service skills.
- Demonstrate network technology and protocol skills to include (TCP/IP, 802.1Q, 802.1x, QoS, STP).
- Demonstrate repairing, troubleshooting, and managing patch panels, switches, routers, and network related hardware/software skills.
- Demonstrate ability to terminate Cat5/6 copper, single and multi-mode Ethernet fiber cabling.
- Available to work any shift including nights, weekends, overnights, early mornings, and holidays.
- Use of portable radio or cellular telephone to be in constant contact with department, during assigned shift.
- Must be able to be on-call.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights may be assigned.
Ability to maneuver in all areas of casino, ascent/descent from stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on tasks. Ability to lift at least 25 lbs. May regularly need to lift/ move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job functions, with or without assistance.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color, and symmetry. Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required equipment and examine or update documents, records, data, instructions, logs, and files.
MENTAL Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing, analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability to concentrate on task over a period without being distracted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing functions of his/her job and in areas monitored by security or surveillance cameras. Work in casino operations and/or internal or external environments occasionally. Exposure to secondhand smoke, moderate to high noise level, bright lights, fluctuating temperatures/weather conditions.
- This list of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all the duties listed as the maximum expectation, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Success in this position will require ongoing knowledge and application of Company driven performance indicators that include but are not limited to interpersonal and communication skills, change leadership and teamwork, customer service and satisfaction, attendance and punctuality, integrity, and dependability.
- All duties shall be performed in accordance with Muckleshoot Casino's policies & procedures, internal control standards, and organizational objectives.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.