Posted June 3, 2022Crowne Plaza JFK Airport New York City
JOB OVERVIEW: To coordinate, organize and actively oversee the operation of the Auditing/Accounting department. Manage cash flow, necessary reporting and approval of all accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Review all ledger account reconciliations to include: bank statements, assets, liabilities and credit cards. Coordinate and review monthly financial statements for accuracy. Monitor coding of cash receipts.
3. Direct and supervise performance of accounting, auditing and cashiering associates including maintenance of payroll records.
4. Prepare Annual Depreciation schedules for furniture, equipment, building supplies, revisions and alterations.
5. Review tax returns to insure compliance with state and federal regulations. Prepare the utilities and telephone accruals monthly. Monitor records of inventory to control accuracy of supply distribution. Sign food and beverage disbursement checks.
6. Assist Controller in internal daily audits of cash deposits and transfers.
7. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to analyze large volume of complex financial information from many sources and create reports, forecasts projections for Executive level committees. Basic understanding of complex computerized financial systems and ability to use it including manual dexterity to operate all office machines.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Crowne Plaza JFK Airport New York City is an upscale full service hotel with spectacular Airport and City views located ¼ mile adjacent to JFK International Airport. The Hotel features 335 guest rooms and suites that feature King size or two Queen beds, full size iron and ironing board, in-room coffee maker and an extensive HDTV channel selection. Located in the Hotel is a 130 seat restaurant and a 50 seat Manhattan style lounge. The décor is contemporary and the sleeping rooms offer such amenities as free wired and wireless INTERNET access, in-room refrigerators and in-room safes. The Crowne Plaza JFK Airport New York City Hotel also features 10 meeting rooms for a total of 4, 540 sq. ft. located on the 9th floor with natural lighting and magnificent Airport and City views. All meeting rooms are equipped with State of the Art Audiovisual equipment.