Posted May 5, 2022Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel
The beautiful Sheraton Oklahoma City Downtown Hotel, located in the heart of OKC's growing downtown destination area, is looking for the right candidate to join our Banquets team. A Banquet Captain is responsible for supervising banquet staff in the completion of the assigned functions and set-up as well as overseeing the service and break-down functions in a safe manner.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SCHEDULE: AM Shift
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check server and house person banquet event orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
2. Check room set-up to see that banquet event order directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
3. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function.
4. Communicate all banquet event order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
5. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes, and time schedules for all functions.
6. Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/house persons.
7. Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting up, greeting, and serving the guest, and breaking down the function.
8. Inspect banquet areas at end of the function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
9. Post all banquet checks at end of the day and turn them into Night Audit
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Steps from Bricktown's wealth of dining and entertainment opportunities, our hotel taps into the pulse of Oklahoma City, placing guests in the center of it all. Thoughtfully appointed guest rooms and suites provide an inspiring backdrop to work and play; Paycom Center, home of Thunder basketball, is moments away along with the brand new Oklahoma City Convention Center and Scissortail Park. However guests elect to spend their time in the city, they can make use of our ample amenities, including a well-equipped fitness center, outdoor pool and several dining destinations. Block 23 showcases modern American cuisine served in an exuberant setting, while Aria Lounge presents elevated bar food and craft cocktails. With over 20,000 square feet of flexible venue space, our hotel is also a prime choice for conferences at Oklahoma City Convention Center or other special events in downtown OKC.