JOB TITLE: IT Project Manager
GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III A
STATUS: Salary - Exempt
Job Code 200934
POSITION REPORTS TO: IT Director
JOB SUMMARY: The IT Project Manager is responsible for the analysis, planning and management of IT Infrastructure and operations projects. Works with team members, business partners and vendors during the planning, design, and implementation phases of projects to ensure projects achieve goals, maintain standards, and maximize resource effectiveness. Monitors project deliverables, maintaining compliance within the scope and provide ongoing communication with team members, business partners and vendors through the life cycle of the projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended, at any time.
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Work with key stakeholders and executive management to determine appropriate scope.
3. Manage project scope and its impacts on business outcomes.
4. Control and manage project costs (including internal and external resources).
5. Control and manage resource plans for the project from initiation to close and warranty.
6. Assess project issues and risk as well as their resolution and communication to senior management, key stakeholders.
7. Understand the impact of changes of cost, schedule, scope, or resources on the project and the business value that it is intended to deliver.
8. Communicate project decisions, deliverables, project health and status, and issues and risks with all team members and key stakeholders.
9. Prepare timely status reports.
10. Maintain project plans and work breakdown structures.
11. Ensure agreed upon project success criteria is met.
12. Manage the work plan and staffing for each phase of the project.
13. Work to fill gaps in resource requirements both internally and externally.
14. Manage the resource-staffing plan for the life of the project.
15. Follow the appropriate project change request processes for managing and accessing impact of requested changes to the initiatives.
16. Monitor and manage time tracking for internal resources.
17. Develop contingency plans for potential risks.
18. Review/gather status reports from the team and issues weekly project/initiative status reports.
19. Influence and holds team members accountable for assigned tasks.
20. Set and review expectations with team members.
21. Identify and resolve conflicts among team members and works with the IT PMO, and management towards resolution.
22. Ensure project tasks and deliverables meet requirements and completed on schedule.
23. Manage entire project communications in a timely manner to appropriate levels, and escalates issues as needed.
24. Utilize the lifecycle methodology throughout all phases of the project. Maintain project documentation, including project initiation requests, capital and expense costs, project plans, lifecycle documents, and utilize approved tools.
25. Lead project team members and provides performance feedback to management. Provides immediate feedback as needed to team members.
26. Manage project budget, including creation, revisions, and variance explanations.
27. Seek new information about business and technology through reading, networking, seminars and classes.
28. Operate as a role model, providing coaching, direction and training in project management to other IT team members.
29. Understand key project financial, scope, and resource metrics and is able to report and manage to these KPIs.
30. Create, facilitate and maintain a positive work environment.
31. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
32. Perform other job duties as assigned
Licenses Or Certifications (Required / Preferred)
- CompTia IT Project + Certification required.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations version 3 Certification required.
- PMP Certification required.
- ITIL Practitioner preferred.
Education, Experience And Training For Position (Required / Preferred)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associates Degree Required (Preferred in MIS or Technical Degree). Four (4) years successful IT Project Manager/Coordinator experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement. is required.
- Three (3) years Information Technology experience with project management responsibilities required.
- Five (5) years on the job experience in a technical field required.
Specific Skills/Knowledge/Abilities Required For Position
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of project management methodology and Systems Development Life Cycle practices.
- Demonstrate advanced verbal and written communications skills, ability to present in both technical and non-technical terms. Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Demonstrate advanced facilitation skills, ability to collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Exhibit proven expert analytical, negotiation, diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of business processes and the application of technology in achieving business objective.
- Demonstrate ability to operate in a self-directed environment.
- Demonstrate ability to direct/supervise the work of others.
- Demonstrate ability to foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork, open communication, and corporate culture.
- Demonstrate proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining deadlines.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and resolve conflicts among team members, which may include internal/external Guests.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of how to manage and configure project management bases SharePoint lists or similar applications.
- Demonstrate highly effective task management skills.
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, adequate transportation and demonstrate willingness to work nights, overnights, weekends and holidays to meet department projects
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights may be assigned.
Ability to maneuver in all areas of casino, ascent/descent from stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on tasks. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. May regularly need to lift/ move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job function, with or without assistance.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color and symmetry. Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required equipment and examine or update documents, records, data, instructions, logs, and files.
MENTAL Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing, analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability to concentrate on task over a period of time without being distracted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing functions of his/her job and in areas monitored by security or surveillance cameras. Work in casino operations and/or internal or external environments occasionally. Exposure to second hand smoke, moderate to high noise level, bright lights, fluctuating temperatures/weather conditions.
- This list of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed as the maximum expectation, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Success in this position will require ongoing knowledge and application of Company driven performance indicators that include but are not limited to interpersonal and communication skills, change leadership and teamwork, customer service and satisfaction, attendance and punctuality, integrity and dependability.
- All duties shall be performed in accordance with Muckleshoot Casino's policies & procedures, internal control standards, and organizational objectives.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.