Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in the execution of events based on requirements and standards. Develops and directs team to provide consistent, high quality service. Communicates expected performance to staff. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 – 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
Core Work Activities
Managing Event Operations
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges\ and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management.
- Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
Ensuring And Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during the event.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
Leading Events Teams
- Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups.
- Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.