JOB TITLE: Host/Cashier
GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III B
Grade N04 / $15.00
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Job Code 200813
POSITION REPORTS TO: F&B Supervisor
The Host/Cashier welcomes and collects revenue by greeting and seating guests, taking food orders as needed, issuing charges, and collecting payments.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended, at any time.
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino
2. Greet and seat guests.
3. Ensure cleanliness/organization around the Host/Cashier work areas, keeping items stocked & presentable at all times.
4. Clean menus and buss tables as needed.
5. Reconcile Casino issued bank, following all policies and procedures applicable.
6. Reconcile daily 'end of shift' financial transactions.
7. Take "to go" food orders and prepare and present food items to guests as needed.
8. Ensure accurate handling of all payment transactions where applicable and handling of cash.
9. Assist in maintaining and ensuring proper food quality with all "to go" orders.
10. Monitor inventory levels and notify supervisor on replenishment needs.
11. Provide excellent guest service and ensure a positive guest experience.
12. Create, maintain, and facilitate a positive work environment.
13. Smile and engage Guest and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Licenses Or Certifications (Required/Preferred)
- Must have and maintain a valid WA State health card/food handler permit.
Education, Experience, And Training For Position (Required/Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six (6) months restaurant server experience preferred.
- Entry level training may be provided for candidates who demonstrate passion for guest service; motivation to learn; and a professional demeanor.
Specific Skills/Knowledge/ Abilities Required For Position
- Demonstrate excellent guest service skills.
- Demonstrate a well- groomed presence and maintain a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
- Demonstrate basic math skills by making correct change and calculating daily receipts, per proper operating procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to follow specific instructions and to handle stress under pressure. Read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Exhibit ability and willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Exhibit working knowledge of health & safety standards, and safety regulations as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights may be assigned.
Ability to maneuver in all areas of casino, ascent/descent from stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on tasks. Ability to lift at least 25 lbs. May regularly need to lift/ move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job function, with or without assistance.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color, and symmetry. Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required equipment and examine or update documents, records, data, instructions, logs, and files.
MENTAL Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing, analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability to concentrate on task over a period of time without being distracted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing functions of his/her job and in areas monitored by security or surveillance cameras. Work in casino operations and/or internal or external environments occasionally. Exposure to secondhand smoke, moderate to high noise level, bright lights, fluctuating temperatures/weather conditions.
- This list of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed as the maximum expectation, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Success in this position will require ongoing knowledge and application of Company driven performance indicators that include but are not limited to interpersonal and communication skills, change leadership and teamwork, customer service and satisfaction, attendance and punctuality, integrity, and dependability.
- All duties shall be performed in accordance with Muckleshoot Casino's policies & procedures, internal control standards, and organizational objectives.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions