$2000 Hiring Bonus!
Posted May 12, 2022Horseshoe Bay Resort
Join our Banquet team at Horseshoe Bay Resort!
The Banquet Captain oversees banquet functions; maps out all events with banquet staff and helps to develop a proper plan of execution with Banquet Manager. It is imperative that the Banquet Captain keeps informed and becomes involved in the entire banquet execution process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Supervise and train banquet servers, bartenders and assists on all daily banquet operations.
• Correct staff for proper service techniques.
• Thoroughly communicate function information with your team of servers.
• Development of Lead Banquet Servers and Banquet Servers.
• Must have understanding on how to read and execute a BEO form
• Make sure all meeting rooms are set accordingly to BEO’s and are clean and organized at all times.
• Daily recap of all banquet information regarding revenue, staffing, issues/concerns, weather, and amount of covers must be submitted at the end of a shift to executive office and Director of Food & Beverage.
• Communicate effectively with Event Management, Member, Guest, Banquet Chef, Front of House Management/Supervisor team on all Banquet needs. Interactions are very important and communication is vital between all areas affected.
• Daily inspection of banquet hallways, meeting rooms, store rooms and public areas, for organization and cleanliness.
• Attend BEO meetings.
• Requires excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Comprehend reading materials, speak, read and write English.
• Neat in appearance and well groomed.
• Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip resistant and polished.
* $2000 Hiring Bonus will be paid to hourly, non-management new hires who accept an offer of employment by May 31, 2022. The first $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 90 days employment. The remaining $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 180 days employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.