Posted May 12, 2022Horseshoe Bay Resort
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor is certified and physically able to lead classes, perform Personal Training sessions and private classes for members and guests. A Personal Trainer/ Fitness Instructor must be knowledgeable of all fitness offerings at the spa and fitness center, hold current certifications and have previous experience. They must have exceptional knowledge of fitness and exercise, exercise safely, and nutrition. They must possess excellent customer services skills in order to provide the highest quality environment and instruction that will meet the needs of our guest in the area of health and exercise including selling packages and individual sessions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensure that all HSBR standards are upheld in all fitness areas.
• Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform sessions with total focus on safety, attention and timeliness.
• Provide consistent professional fitness class and personal training sessions in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
• Properly care for equipment and maintain fitness equipment.
• Maintain a clean, well-organized and stocked fitness area.
• Have complete knowledge and understanding of all fitness offerings while educating and training guests in these areas.
• Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa or fitness area that require attention, and handle guest concerns professionally and courteously.
• Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
• Actively promote the spa & fitness center, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
• Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for spa and fitness.
• Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
• Assist in all areas of fitness operation as requested.
• Must have a national certification to lead classes and perform personal training sessions and private classes.
• Extensive experience in the fitness field.
• Knowledgeable of all fitness offerings at the spa.
• Exceptional communication, organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to work one-to-one basis, and group class environment.
• Pleasant personality and ability to interact in a positive manner with both guests and staff members.
• Possess excellent customer service skills in order to provide the highest quality environment and instruction that will meet the needs of our guests in the area of health and exercise.
* $2000 Hiring Bonus will be paid to hourly, non-management new hires who accept an offer of employment by May 31, 2022. The first $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 90 days employment. The remaining $1000 will be paid when the associate reaches 180 days employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Resting along the shores of Lake LBJ, Horseshoe Bay Resort's upscale, lifestyle vacation destination, puts you just a short drive from Austin and San Antonio. The picture-perfect Texas Hill Country scenery inspires you to unwind in modern rooms, suites and villas, many with views of the lake. Taste creative local cuisine at our restaurants, play a round on three championship golf courses and enjoy fun family activities, from boating to tennis. Say "I do" with a romantic lakeside wedding, indulge with a day at our resort spa, or host an intimate celebration in one of our scenic outdoor venues.