The Evening Manager on Duty is responsible for the successful operation and administration of the overall hotel. The Evening Manager on Duty must ensure that all aspects of the hotel are continually balanced, while focusing on providing exceptional customer satisfaction ensuring associate focus on our touch points at all times. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy. The Evening Manager on Duty will drive results through effective training, coaching, leading, motivating, empowering and following through with all the associates. The Evening Manager on Duty will ensure that our associates and our customers are treated with the utmost respect at all times since they are the key to our success.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Previous hotel experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Respond to guest’s special requests, needs, problems, issues and concerns and accommodate groups to ensure optimal levels of guest satisfaction and repeat business.
3. Implement company programs and supervise the daily operations of the Front Desk to comply with SOPS and LSOPs, maximize revenues, and motivate associates to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the hotel customers.
4. Supervise the all associates who work on their shift.
5. Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for clerks and other employees. Resolve customer complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and determining the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising approach to accommodate unusual situation. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after other alternative solutions have been offered.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An empowering experience awaits you at The Westin Chicago Lombard, a dynamic destination for business travelers and vacationing families. Our hotel is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, providing a complimentary shuttle to the nearby Metra station, which takes you directly into the city. Stretch out in your intuitively appointed room or suite and enjoy amenities including the Westin Heavenly® Bed and White Tea by Westin™ bathroom products. Move well in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, or rejuvenate with a swim in the indoor pool. Sample fresh fare at one of our on-site restaurants, which offer Italian cuisine, seafood or pick up a healthy on-the-go breakfast from Yorktown Market. We offer 39,000 square feet of venue space, including an expansive ballroom - the largest in Lombard. In your down time, walk across the street from our hotel to Yorktown Center, visit Morton Arboretum or venture into Chicago and explore. Whatever the reason for your Lombard visit, we look forward to making it special.