JOB TITLE: Business Process Analyst
GAMING LICENSE REQUIRED: Class III A
STATUS: Salary - Exempt
Job Code 200951
POSITION REPORTS TO: IT Program Manager
The primary role of the Business Process Analyst (BPA) is to ensure that business processes and supporting systems continue to meet business project stakeholder needs. This position is a key liaison between the technical IT staff that implements business process management technology (BPMT)-based solutions and the line-of-business staff that performs the process work (manually or in conjunction with automated systems). BPA must be able to straddle the IT and business domains and communicate (or broker communications) between each side. This person is a hands-on worker who will drive the creation of process models (primarily conceptual/logical level models, business requirements documentation, facilitate and document training, this position deals with the more tactical, day-to-day aspects of discovering, validating, documenting, and communicating business-process-related knowledge through modeling, simulating, and analyzing current and future states. The BPA supports the business process owner, enabling them to make better decisions about changing processes to drive higher performance outcomes consistently.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description may be amended, at any time.
Strategy & Planning
1. Practice, support and promote the Mission, Vision and Values of Muckleshoot Casino.
2. Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
3. Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
4. Chart existing business processes to define current business activities for the development of procedures and models.
5. Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
6. Identify and establish scope and parameters of process analysis to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking actions.
7. Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
8. Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
9. Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis.
10. Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications -- verbally or through written documentation -- to management, peers, staff, and other team members so that issues and solutions are understood.
11. Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support.
12. Collaborate with project team to ensure project requirements are documented, approved, and traced through delivery.
13. Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior team members.
14. Create, facilitate, and maintain a positive work environment.
15. Smile and engage Guests and Team Members with a positive professional demeanor.
16. Perform other job duties as assigned.
Licenses Or Certifications (Required / Preferred)
- An International Institute of Business Analysis™ (IIBA®) certification preferred.
Education, Experience And Training For Position (Required / Preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree Required (Preferred in in the field of business administration, computer science, finance, or management information systems).
- One (1) years successful Business Process Analyst experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years on the job experience in a technical field required.
Specific Skills/Knowledge/Abilities Required For Position
- Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, and waterfall methodology.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated knowledge of BPA applications for mapping and documenting requirements.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills to elicit and document business rules, develop use cases and scenarios, and define and document interfaces.
- Able to exercise independent judgement and take action on it.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Shift work, holidays, weekends, or nights may be assigned.
Ability to maneuver in all areas of casino, ascent/descent from stairs, frequent standing, walking, sitting, reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching, and/or prolonged periods of time focusing on tasks. Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. May regularly need to lift/ move, push or pull up material or boxes necessary to the job function, with or without assistance.
Specific vision ability includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Visual acuity to discern and examine text, graphics, color, and symmetry. Speech to communicate clearly, express ideas and convey information in an understandable manner. Ability to hear for listening comprehension and to understand ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Manual dexterity to operate office or required equipment and examine or update documents, records, data, instructions, logs, and files.
MENTAL Social perceptiveness to assess and understand other's reactions and behavior. Critical thinking to use logic and reasoning, reach conclusions/solutions. Comprehension in assessing, analyzing, and processing alpha, numeric, and visual data and completing required tasks or documents accurately. Ability to tolerate stress and conduct tasks under critical deadlines. Ability to concentrate on task over a period of time without being distracted.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing functions of his/her job and in areas monitored by security or surveillance cameras. Work in casino operations and/or internal or external environments occasionally. Exposure to secondhand smoke, moderate to high noise level, bright lights, fluctuating temperatures/weather conditions.
- This list of minimum essential functions is illustrative of the minimums ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class. It does not imply that all positions within the class perform all of the duties listed as the maximum expectation, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
- Success in this position will require ongoing knowledge and application of Company driven performance indicators that include but are not limited to interpersonal and communication skills, change leadership and teamwork, customer service and satisfaction, attendance and punctuality, integrity, and dependability.
- All duties shall be performed in accordance with Muckleshoot Casino's policies & procedures, internal control standards, and organizational objectives.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.