Not only will you be part of a rock-star team, but you'll get to be part of a company that earned the 16th spot on Fortunes 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021!
The goal of the Sous Chef is to manage a specific department and work with the Restaurant Chef and/or Executive Sous Chef to create, implement and maintain quality standards. In some instances the Sous Chef will be expected to be responsible for the entire operation in the absence of the Restaurant Chef and/or Executive Chef. The ideal Sous Chef will accomplish their tasks by monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support and guidance to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
- Support senior leadership by developing and assuming basic management responsibilities
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Supervise the preparation and cooking of various food items
- Develop and implement creative menu items that adhere to Hyatt brand standards
- Plan, coordinate & implement special events and holiday functions
- Manage hourly kitchen employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and hiring
- May manage other key culinary leadership rolls including supervisor and other less senior Sous Chefs
- Lead and coach the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, and quality and consistency on a daily basis
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts believes in strong commitment to promotion from within. Begin your career today as the Sous Chef and find yourself as a Executive Sous Chef within a few years. 70% of management hired is from within Hyatt, 89% of Managing Committee is promoted from within. The statistics are there; make it your next step!
Why Work at Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Bungalows?
Our Values: Respect | Integrity | Humility | Empathy | Creativity | Fun
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Possess strong leadership, communication, organization and relationship skills
- Experience with training, basic financial management and customer service
- Proficient in general computer knowledge
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner
- Strong training and communication skills
- Culinary education and/or on the job training, hotel experience preferred
- Geographic and schedule flexibility preferred
Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Spa is a place to inhabit, design, explore and create. Set within a 22.5-acre desert oasis with stunning views of Camelback Mountain, this sophisticated urban Paradise Valley resort offers 201 guestrooms and suites centrally located a short distance from the historic downtown. Drawing inspiration from the colorful and blossoming art scene that took place in the 1950’s, the resort will pay homage to the mid-century modern art movement from notable artists like Alexander Girard, Frank Lloyd Wright, and Paolo Soleri, who used the desert as a creative landscape for expression. Guests will see this brought to life at our Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Spa through bright colors, folk art, and cultural patterns and further incorporated into the resort’s architecture and design.
Guestrooms at our Scottsdale resort are situated in unique bungalow clusters, providing guests with a new take on an intimate desert experience. These guestrooms feature two private terraces, including some rooms with an outdoor shower. Throughout the resort, the spectacular mountain views and desert landscape will provide guests the opportunity to connect to the environment and activate their senses.
The Scottsdale resort will also feature three pools, which enhance the serene and relaxing environment of the property. One of the pools is located within the luxurious spa, which offers unique services in four indoor and three outdoor treatment rooms. Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Spa also includes a state-of-the-art fitness center, a signature restaurant and chic bar and lounge, with a 4,000 square foot terrace overlooking the main pool.
Intimate gathering and social areas incorporating cottonwood, pine trees and statuesque palm trees will be created on the property. Mid-century accents, jaunty graphics, and bright, bouncy colors are woven into the resort’s architecture and design, inviting guests to make their own serendipitous finds. In addition, our Andaz Scottsdale resort will include approximately 10,000 square feet of indoor and 10,000 square feet of outdoor event facilities, ideal for meetings, group events, and weddings.
This sophisticated urban resort is within walking distance of numerous restaurants and entertainment venues in the Paradise Valley area and two miles north of downtown Scottsdale and Fashion Square shopping mall. Guests of Andaz Scottsdale Resort and Spa will enjoy easy access to the area’s numerous world-class golf courses and outdoor activities.