The ideal candidate for this position...
Seeking to hire and amazing Human Resources professional with a strong background in Hospitality overseeing multiple hotels. This role will focus on Onboarding, Training, Payroll and Employee Relations. The Area HR Director will partner with a Corporate Talent Acquisition Specialist on Recruitment and support each hotel in their People Planning.
The Area Director of Human Resources is responsible for the leadership and management of all functions of the Human Resources department, in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
What you will be doing
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands. Ensure office coverage to meet business /associates needs.
- Communicate additions or changes to the assignments as they arise throughout the week.
- Constantly monitor Human Resources performance in all phases of service and job functions, rectify any deficiencies and praise proficiency.
- Maintain files on resource areas to include: Compensation Carrier, State Employment Agency, Corporate Human Resource Office.
- Maintain and update the M.O.D. manual with accurate procedures/information relative to Human Resources.
- Manages recruitment process including job descriptions, applications, screening, interviewing, recommendations, and hiring process for all candidates is carried out in accordance with hotel policy and procedures.
- Conduct a new hire orientation and other training programs for all new hires and current associates.
- Conduct, monitor and critique in-house training programs/sessions.
- Assist with identifying certified personnel for training on CPR and other health awareness topics. Maintain current records on certified hotel personnel.
- Follow HVMG guidelines for performance reviews on all associates. Ensure completion and placement in associate' files. Ensure all reviews are within 2 weeks +/- of review date.
- Follow progressive discipline procedures; monitor compliance with such; conduct counseling sessions with associates; ensure documentation and placement of records in associates' files.
- Conduct and document exit interviews with all terminated associates; ensure placement of documentation in associates' files.
- Complete and maintain current records on a competitive wage and benefit survey for all hotel positions.
- Acts as point of contact for all associate accidents that take place at the workplace.
- Investigate and prepare reports on E.E.O.C. charges; provide feedback to Corporate Office.
- Investigate and respond to unemployment claims, provide information to OASIS Outsourcing.
- Assists OASIS Outsourcing with coordination associate requests, ensuring authorized approvals and paperwork on: Payroll,
Leave of Absence / Transfer / Vacation / Personal / Bereavement Time / 401(k) / Vacation /Hotel Discounts
- Develop and coordinate associate incentive and recognition programs, plan all internal recognition events.
- Prepare Human Resources budget annually. Track actuals to forecast and keep expenses within budget.
- Minimum of 4 Years' progressive human resources experience in a similar environment, Required.
- 2 Years at a Manager level, Required.
- Four year college degree or equivalent / related field.
- SPHR/PHR/CP/SCP highly preferred.
- Marriott, Sheraton Hotels experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities; must have prior experience leading and coaching individuals.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to use hotel related HR software programs with a high level of proficiency.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information (verbal/non-verbal) and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy under intense/confrontational situations.
- Guide hotel's standards, policies and procedures with hotel staff. Prioritize and organize.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team with out supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of guest, associate information and pertinent hotel data.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- 401k with Guaranteed 4% Match!
- Paid Time Off, Holidays, Sick Time
- Hotel Benefits
An Equal Opportunity Employer - We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, or disability