Posted June 23, 2022Mayfair House Hotel & Garden
Why Join Us:
Come work for a dynamic team at the newly renovated Mayfair House Hotel and Garden. This glamorous Gaudi-inspired hotel is nestled into the bohemian Coconut Grove enclave.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic Pastry Chef who has a passion for service. Enthusiastic employees can help take positive guest experiences to the next level. You’ll be working in an environment that fosters curiosity, collaboration and connection.
General Manager/Executive Chef
Place of Work:
The Pastry Chef is responsible for the quality and timeliness of the product; cleanliness and organization of the pastry shop. Include, but are not limited to overseeing all pastry and baking needs for guests orders, banquets, etc
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepares and arranges baked pastry and dessert items according to Mayfair House recipes, nutrition philosophy, and quality presentation.
· Stores and handles food properly following Health Department requirements.
· Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
· Coordinate production of all baked goods and dessert items ordered by the outlets
· Produce the highest quality standards for bakery and pastry
· Work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines and demands of business
· Check production for all meal periods to ensure consistency
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
· Must be neat, clean and organized; must be able to work with a variety of people.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
· Must be able to work well in a busy atmosphere; and have an aptitude for guest service.
· Responsible for ordering, retrieving, storing and organizing of food products for the operation- from storeroom to kitchen.
· Must take pride in Mayfair House and its standards of excellence in food preparation and cleanliness.
· Display items attractively and to specified requirements.
· Prepare all dishes following recipes and yield guides, according to department standards.
· Inform the Executive Chef/Exec Sous of any shortages before the item runs out.
· Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Exec Chef/Exec Sous to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
· Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
· Inspect the cleanliness and organization of the pastry line and work stations; rectify any deficiencies. Maintain throughout the shift.
· Cleans kitchen as directed.
· Performs opening and closing procedures as directed.
· Performs other job-related duties as needed.
· Preferred culinary school student in baking and pastry, or graduate with Baking & Pastry Degree. Person with a passion.
· 3-4 year’s proven experience or equivalent education.
· Knowledge of current culinary/baking trends.
· Ability to effectively communicate in English with guests, colleagues and management.
· Flexible with schedule including overnights, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
· Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
· Ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests' orders.
· Ability to be flexible to accommodate all guests’ special requests.
· Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
· Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
· Ability to expand and condense recipes.
· Ability to produce creative and artistic food and dishes.
· Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
· Current Food Handlers Certification card.
· Ability to produce menu items to standard and execute new menu items when necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)