The Dylan Hotel is looking for an applicant experienced in both security and engineering. In addition to the duties listed below, you will also be expected to respond to guest concerns surrounding basic maintenance matters such as plumbing, power, and HVAC/PTAC concerns. Also responsible for certain maintenance tasks that may be assigned throughout time by our management team.
The Loss Prevention Guard monitors and patrols assigned areas to provide a safe environment for guests and employees and to minimize opportunities for loss or damage. He/she also anticipates potential problems and reacts to disturbances and prohibited conduct. This position responds to emergency situations as needed.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Review department log records and be familiar with pertinent information relevant to the daily shift.
- Review the hotel status and follow up actions with the previous shift officer.
- Issue radios, beepers, keys to designated hotel personnel.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure the safekeeping of such.
- Check employee I.D.'s and ensure accuracy of employee time card punches as employees arrive/leave the employee entrance.
- Ensure all non-hotel personnel arriving at employee entrance are properly escorted while on property.
- Inspect employee packages, purses, bags, etc. as employees enter or leave the property.
- Provide escorts for employees.
- Ensure that after-hours access into secured hotel areas are properly authorized, monitored and documented.
- Handle deliveries received during non-business hours.
- Work with outside agencies (i.e., police). Coordinate emergency situations. Contact the Director of Security immediately for emergency situations. Monitor surveillance cameras. Investigate duress alarms. Patrol the property with specified equipment, checking all designated points and document all actions taken. Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Ensure all guest room doors are secured; assist guests with room access. Investigate suspicious persons on hotel property.
- Conduct designated investigations into theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food poisoning complaints and other guest complaints; complete documented reports.
- Respond to the scene of guest/employee accident promptly; administer first aid/CPR; communicate specified information to E.M.S./medical personnel as required.
- Report to scenes of guest or employee fighting.
- Comply with state regulations and hotel guidelines for handling intoxicated guests.
- Coordinate towing of vehicles.
- Report to scenes of vehicles accidents/thefts and document specified information.
- Assist in moving/removing guest room possessions, inventory and security of such and "E" key rooms.
- Document, organize and store all lost and found items given to Security; document guest inquiries for lost items and coordinate return of lost items to guests.
- Comply with guest requests for storing and safekeeping of their valuables.
- Make arrests in compliance with legal and hotel requirements.
- Ensure security of rental vehicles and keys until issued to lease and upon return.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Security and hotel reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Answer the departmental telephone.
- Communicate by radio/beeper with designated hotel personnel.
- Prepare work orders for maintenance repairs and submit to Engineering.
- Legibly complete designated reports.
- Document all pertinent information in the log book daily.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving.
- Review hotel status and any follow-up actions with on-coming Loss Prevention Guard.
Education and Experience
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent
- Experience in Loss Prevention/Security
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Criminal-free record.
- Must be able to work two or three nights a week.
- Valid (state) driver's license. Excellent driving record.
- Able to drive all Company Vehicles (if applicable)
- Must have good understanding of the English language.
- Previous Hotel, Law Enforcement, or Military experience.
- Possession of Special Police Officer SPO certification.
- Certification of previous training in alcohol awareness program.
- Knowledge of local laws, investigative methods and fire safety.
- Certification in CPR and first aid.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, identity, or disability status.
-Existing FLSD certification strongly preferred. If hired, FLSD certification will be required as a condition of employment.-Must be vaccinated and ready to provide proof of vaccination-Hourly wage range: $21-$24 based on FLSD Certification and Experience