We are pleased that you are exploring Hyatt Hotels Corporation. Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren’t just met- they’re exceeded. We believe our customers select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who work hard to provide efficient service and meaningful experiences. It’s a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. At Hyatt, we care for people so they can be their best. Our commitment to Diversity is best evidenced by our focus on company-wide diversity initiatives. We continue to be recognized as one of America’s best companies for minorities. Associates of Hyatt are given the tools from the first day to make a difference. Hyatt employees enjoy the following benefits: health and welfare programs, Hyatt retirement savings plan, and educational assistance, employee stock purchase program, 12 free room nights for full time associates after one year of service, community involvement, and wellness reimbursement.
The Hyatt Shared Service Center provides accounting and customer service support for over 150 Hyatt Hotels in North America and Latin America. Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance, and provides great rewards- whether it’s career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive working environment. If you are ready for this challenge, we are ready for you!
Hyatt is seeking an experienced Customer Service Manager with a track record of creating exceptional service experiences to lead our team at the Shared Service Center. This position will inspire and motivate our Customer Service teams to provide world-class service via phone, email, and other channels. You will define the culture, strategy, and collaborate to develop the ongoing business plan for the customer service department. Also, you will collaborate and work closely with the Shared Service Center leadership team to define and drive the overall vision of the Shared Service Center.
- Directs the daily operations of the HSSC Customer Service team to achieve performance standards for average speed of answer, request resolution times, quality of service, and other goals.
- Sets and maintains standards for care, professionalism, and appropriate solutions during every guest interaction via phone, email, or other request channels.
- Actively and consistently monitor guest interactions to ensure all service expectations are met.
- Review and maintain team performance plans for HSSC Customer Service, provide input or coaching as required on a group or individual basis.
- Liaise with Hyatt Shared Service Center leadership to support other cost-saving and service enhancement strategies throughout the organization.
- Review and communicate routine and ad-hoc performance reporting to customer service colleagues, other internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage relationship with telecom / ACD phone system vendor(s) to support exceptional service levels and control costs.
- Review, maintain, and optimize IVR, phone tree call flow, and other telephony technology to provide efficient and cost effective support for all guest phone requests via self-service or colleague interactions.
- Assist with preparation and management of budget for HSSC Customer Service department in coordination with Regional Process Owner and other Hyatt Finance colleagues.
- Define and manage scheduling strategy for all customer service colleagues and leadership to maximize service level results.
- Evaluate team and individual performance via monthly performance review meetings, bi-annual check in conversations, and other methods as needed.
- Initiate recommendations for hiring, merit increases, probationary reviews, promotions, transfers, succession planning, and disciplinary action for all customer service teams and colleagues.
- Work closely with HSSC Human Resources team to develop and manage effective recruitment, hiring, and onboarding strategies for new colleagues.
- Review and manage new hire and ongoing training for all HSSC Customer Service teams and colleagues.
- Partner with IT, operations, HR, and other teams to ensure HSSC Customer Service team has all necessary tools and technology to provide exceptional service and support for all guest requests.
- Handle escalated and/or complex guest requests as needed.
- Develop best practices, coaching model, and performance standards for HSSC Customer Service colleague remote work plan.
- Identify strategies to improve quality of service, productivity, cost-per-contact, and efficiency of all services and support provided by customer service teams.
- Regular attendance is expected based on schedule and business needs.
- Participation in employee events, onsite meetings, hotel visits and industry conferences is expected.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to quickly assess cause-and-effect impacts on business operations.
- Technically proficient and able to quickly implement new technology platforms to benefit the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to deliver highly effective presentations to large and small groups online and in-person.
- Role model and leader-by-example for customer service teams, consistently demonstrates incredible customer focus at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance, mentorship, and development to colleagues at all levels.
- High-level strategic thinker who understands the big picture and creates plans to successfully deliver organizational goals.
- Very strong attention to detail, highly organized, and demonstrated ability to prioritize competing priorities.
- Knowledge of hotel operations a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of Customer Service Leadership experience.
- Proven experience leading and enhancing a complex customer service department with 50 people.
- Experience developing short and long-term forecasts, scheduling, and capacity plans.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Computer Skills Needed to Perform this Job
- Advanced experience with MS Office suite.
- Hands-on experience with Service Now and Opera a plus