Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of team members driving our sales, revenue, marketing, catering and events management, call centers, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are essential to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
The primary responsibilities of this position are to drive exceptional sales results and team member development, through strategic planning and implementation, streamlining expenses, financial accountability, marketing operations and dynamic leadership while maintaining the flexibility to react and stay ahead of changing market conditions for each of the complex hotels.
You will be responsible for driving strategic alignment (#oneteam approach) with Sales, Catering, RM, Property Leadership and the Regional team to create dynamic and nimble plans to achieve ongoing short and long-term goals. Additionally, talent development and creating an inclusive/flexible culture for team members to thrive in is critical.
More specifically, for each of the complex hotels you will:
- Develop and manage results of annual commercial strategy plan with property commercial team that represents the group, perm and transient current year targets, optimal mix targets and aligns with 3-5 year crossover booking targets
- Implement Business Review Guidelines (current year plus 3-5 years) and Group Pricing & Rate Quotation Strategies with property commercial team to maximize all pricing components of sales and catering opportunities, achieve positive group market share, EBITDA and TGOP
- Strategically partner with Group, BT, Leisure and GTIR HWS teams to drive conversion and alignment
- Design and execute marketing plan under the mentorship of regional commercial director, which includes objectives, strategies, budget, and targets in alignment with regional and global approach.
- Partner with enterprise e-Commerce teams to ensure that online hotel content is accurate, relevant and showcases current transient and group offers
- Leverage Enterprise Marketing teams to develop strong social media and marketing messaging that tells a story and drives higher online interaction and conversion
- Engage and support the PR teams (both Corporate communications and Brand PR) to position and maximize hotel visibility.
- Drive all hotel reporting for performance and commercial activity reporting including adjustments to commercial action plan based on market trends with focus on short, mid and long term KPIs
- Consistent coaching to create stronger team members (talent development) and culture of accountability through weekly one on ones, APEX, and succession planning for all team members
- Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports and provide feedback for dotted line reports.
- Develop and strengthen strategic business relationships with CVB’s and local business partners.
- Manage sales and marketing expenses, both monthly and annually, with a focus on ROI and forecast achievement
- Communicate short and long-term revenue needs along with plans to impact with key stakeholders including ownership, enterprise commercial team and hotel team members.
- Develop in partnership with operations team a strong site visit program including site visit tracking conversion for recognition and improvement.
- Create and implement unique client events that drive ROI and higher conversion
- Present commercial strategies in concise, relevant format to key business partners and ownership groups with AVPs, Regional Commercial Director and General Manager(s) in consistent ownership driven timeline
- Ensure transparency and integrity with commercial Leaders to review and validate revenue forecasts, improve accuracy while developing strategies for different demand periods, and review and approve retail and group pricing strategies.
- Develop strong bench strength through networking to identify potential candidates for sales, catering and marketing roles
- Manage to Hilton brand standards and corporate identity while utilizing relevant communication tools (under the mentorship of regional commercial director).
- Utilize readerboards, market activity and industry trends to identify potential opportunities and competitive threats in regular SWOT analysis and updates to commercial action plans
DirectReports: This position will oversee direct reports for the following disciplines:
- Group Sales
- Business Transient Sales
- Leisure Sales
- Catering Sales
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of ten (10) Years of Hotel Sales, Catering or Marketing Experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years director level experience
- Management Experience (type): Director
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): Ability to travel on short notice and adaptable to schedule changes.
- Experience in hotel management, or related industry, essential. Cross brand or product line experience preferred.
- Highly professional presentations and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform critical analysis.
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Additional/advanced degree coursework in business administration, marketing and communications
- Adaptable experience with business strategy, business planning, and business plan development.
- Experience in large matrix organizations
- Ability to speak multiple languages
- Multiple Brand experience
- Hilton software programs preferred
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every single day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!