Rooms & Guest Services Operations
The St. Regis New York, Two East 55th Street at Fifth Avenue, New York, New York, United States VIEW ON MAP
Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g.,Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping) and managing staff. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Monitors compliance with standards and procedures. Leads specific team while assisting with meeting or exceeding property goals.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
Core Work Activities
Leading Room Operations Team
- Verifies that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Understands employee and guest satisfaction results and developing game plans to attack need areas and expand on the strengths.
- Verifies that the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
- Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Assists employees in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations, and exceeding them.
Managing Property Rooms Operations Function(S)
- Assists in managing the execution of all operations in the rooms area departments (e.g., Front Office, Engineering/Maintenance, Housekeeping).
- Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
- Communicates/updates all goals and results with employees.
- Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
- Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
- Performs hourly job functions as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
- Understands the brand's service culture.
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
- Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction.
- Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
- Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
- Responds timely to customer service department request.
- Verifies that all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements.
- Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with General Manager (GM) & Regional Director (RD).
- Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
- Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Strives to maximize the financial performance of the department.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and assists in making hiring decisions.
- Receives hiring recommendations from team supervisors.
- Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process, where applicable.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.