Sales & Marketing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Director, Self-Service, Reporting and Analytics Platforms leads the platform strategy around data access, analytics and reporting for the Customer Experience Data & Analytics function at Marriott. This leader ensures the proper toolset is in place to house data, build data products and reports, provision access to user groups, and enable self-service. They develop and manage the governance structure for program alignment and accountability across reporting platforms. This director owns and leads the demand management and product development processes for all reporting platform initiatives. They collaborate with peers on the CX Data & Analytics team as well as Senior Executives across Marriott’s Brand, Marketing, Sales & Consumer (BMSC) organization to ensure business experience design initiatives meet stakeholder needs and further user access and adoption. This leader owns and drives key strategic initiatives for maturing self-service data access and reporting capabilities and processes, legacy data platform retirements, etc. They develop change management and operations support strategies for property level reporting, and tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and additional processes and technology components being used for self-service data access.
Education And Experience
7+ years’ experience in complex data & analytics programs required that include:
- Managing relationships with multiple senior level stakeholders
- Managing direct report and matrixed teams
- Product and project management expertise
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts and drive direction/focus
- BS/BA or equivalent relevant experience required
- Experience with data reporting, dashboarding and visualizations
- Tactical experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc.
- Deep project management expertise
- Proven experience in planning, budgeting, and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with others
- Demonstrated ability of excellent analytical skills with complex problems/issues
- Experience with business process re-engineering
- Demonstrated ability of strong process management, negotiating, influencing and problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate with internal and external stakeholder regarding Data & Analytics specific projects
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing partnerships
- Experience developing and executing multi-year plans
- Experience working within an Agile Delivery methodology
Core Work Activities
Own And Run Core Management Processes
- Establish an annual platforms & products planning cadence to capture Data & Analytics team needs and initiatives for the upcoming year
- Establish an annual planning cadence/process to capture discipline stakeholder needs and initiatives for the upcoming year
- Collaborate with Peers to provide meaningful data to facilitate prioritization of initiatives across multiple major stakeholder groups
- Establish and manage a more frequent intake process to enable commitments that can be appropriately staffed and delivered in the suggested time horizon
- Ensure clear metrics are in place for measuring process health and efficiency
Platform Management Processes
- Establish and manage a team of Reporting Automation resources and Visualization developers
- Define Automation strategy and set the standard approach and guidelines for BI development to ensure easy transition to Automated dashboards / reports
- Develop standard visualization library. Evaluate different visualization technologies as needed to present data / analytics with appropriate visualizations
- Develop more robust processes for external teams such as property-level associates on bringing in new data sets and creating new visualizations
- Function as the thought leader for reporting and self-service
- Lead strategic engagements as such as tool adoption goal setting efforts, retirement of legacy reporting platforms and adoption of new platform globally
Managing And Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision And Values
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building A Successful Team
Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving For Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific strategic work challenges.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|