With a career at HMSHost, you really benefit! We offer:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (vacation, flex or sick)
- Holiday pay
- Meal and Transportation Benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Company paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Training and exciting career growth opportunities
- Referral program – refer a friend and earn a bonus
The Field HR Business Partner A (HRBP) is the senior-most HR position responsible for a branch or multiple branches within a Region that is collectively managed by a Senior Director of Operations A. The HRBP collaborates with the Sr. Director of Operations on HR matters by providing both strategic and technical expertise and advice. Along with managing the overall branch/cluster HR function, the HRBP works closely with the Regional HR Director (HRD) to communicate trends, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. The HRBP is a visible and engaged partner with Operations and has regular and direct contact, both personally and through their assigned HR staff, with operations management and staff. The HRBP is accountable for executing policies, procedures, and strategies as directed by the HRD, and to develop and administer local HR policies and programs unique to the location. This is an exempt position and reports to Regional HR Director with a dotted line to the Senior Director of Operations.
- Develops and maintains a position of trusted advisor to the Sr. Director of Operations.
- Advises the Sr. Director of Operations and operations managers on engagement, retention, training and discipline issues as they arise, and identifies trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Establishes and nurtures a visible and positive HR presence within the branches and among associates at all levels.
- Directs the activities of assigned HR staff to ensure Associate Relations issues and problems are addressed before their magnitude necessitates escalation.
- Establishes and maintains positive Labor relations. Participates in arbitration's, grievances, and contract negotiations, and ensures operations managers understand their CBA.
- Partners with Loss Prevention, Accounting, Supply Chain, and other departments to support operations’ objectives.
- Directs the recruiting function life-cycle at the location(s).
- Directs the delivery of on-boarding, orientation, and training.
- Regularly communicates with peers to collaborate on common challenges and opportunities.
- Regularly communicates with Regional HRD about the state of HR within assigned location(s).
- Maintains knowledge of current trends, technical, regulatory, and statutory related to the Human Resources function to ensure delivery of appropriate advice and counsel.
- Conducts confidential HR investigations.
- Ensures that all federal, state, local laws, collective bargaining agreements and corporate HR-policies are proactively managed.
- Administers individually or through the supervision of others all company and local HR policies.
- Acts as a supervisor, mentor and primary resource to other HR professionals on site
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated equivalent
- Requires the ability to analyze information to recommend resolutions to complex problems and strategic challenges
- Requires the technical HR knowledge associated with obtaining and maintaining a HRCI SPHR certification or equivalent
- Requires 7-10 years of experience in HR with 3-5 years of HR management experience, (including the supervision of other HR staff)
- Requires demonstrated competency in the development of HR strategies and associate engagement
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with associates; excellent problem-solving and writing skills
- Requires ability to build collaborative partnerships and experience working with other departments
- Requires strong working knowledge of employment-related local/state/federal regulations
- Requires proficiency with HRIS and business software/systems and have expertise in preparing documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- Requires flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple projects and manage remote direct reports, while maintaining focus on critical HR processes
- Requires the ability to lead and be a member of a team; ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Requires national, regional, and area travel up to 50% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Drug Free Workplace (DFW)