Sales & Marketing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Vice President, Global Enterprise Partnerships leads the team responsible for partnerships and related businesses across Transportation, Insurance, and Financial Services verticals, among others. This leader is responsible for Identifying and developing new business/commercial models with Enterprise Partners that supports Marriott’s long-term strategic objectives, vetting potential partnership opportunities and guiding the negotiation strategy and approach. The VP, Global Enterprise Partnerships is responsible for growing existing businesses to achieve Marriott’s long-term growth objectives, working with direct reports to ensure success for partners and businesses they manage. This role also identifies, builds, and maintains relationships with multinational companies that would be solid partners to Marriott International, Marriott Bonvoy, and our portfolio of Brands. Finally, the VP, Global Enterprise Partnerships plays a pivotal role in maintaining and enhancing Marriott International’s relationships with key partner accounts (e.g., Visa, American Express, Hertz), and managing the restricted marketing funds in partnership with finance and brands.
Education And Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
- 14+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or business development function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
- Prior track record of partnership development, negotiation and business growth.
- Experience managing and defining transformational strategies for business units.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Identifying and developing new business/commercial models with Enterprise Partners that supports Marriott’s long-term strategic objectives
- Develop strategic direction for Enterprise Partnership and Marketplace strategy.
- Identify opportunities to monetize Marriott and Marriott Bonvoy assets.
- Develop strategic initiatives that could turn into self-sustainable programs that monetize Marriott and Marriott Bonvoy Assets, grow Marriott Bonvoy and develop partnership opportunities for brands, sales and other key Marriott departments.
- Develop business case, roadmap and goals to support growth of Enterprise Partnerships
Drive Enterprise Partnerships And Strategic Alliances
- Provide leadership for the development and management of Enterprise Partnerships and strategic alliances for the organization.
- Align key stakeholders among Brand; Customer Experience, Loyalty & Ventures (CLV); Sales; Legal; Finance, Operations; Food and Beverage; and Digital on partner contract activities to support discipline and company objectives.
- Elevate awareness and communicate the benefits and obligations of existing partnership agreements across the business.
- Review and vet all incoming partnerships requests and provide direction on next steps.
- Provides leadership to grow and strengthen Marriott’s enterprise-wide partnerships with Visa, American Express, Hertz and others.
- Develops the strategy to increase restricted marketing funding, and lead the effective implementation and governance of funds, in partnership with Finance and Legal
- Secures Partner buy-in and approval for use of the restricted marketing funds (when required), during an annual planning process.
Guide Marriott’s Approach to Enterprise Partnership Negotiations
- Lead development of negotiation objectives, strategy and approach for Enterprise Partnership negotiations.
- Successfully conducting/completing key negotiations within pre-defined negotiation objectives.
- Shares negotiation objectives, strategy and approach with leadership teams as appropriate to gain support and alignment.
- Actively seeks opportunities to strike new partnership deals/propose strategic investments to further Marriott’s long-term position in the travel landscape.
Grow Partnership Businesses
- Create strategic business plans for Enterprise Partnerships businesses including definition of partner value propositions, and competitive strategies for integrating partners in global Portfolio strategy and revenue generation plans.
- Manage existing business P&L’s, budgets and operating expenses.
- Set annual business objectives and KPI’s, ensuring business achieves long-term growth objectives
Managing Responsibilities With Stakeholders
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders across the organization. Fosters a positive climate to build effective teams that are committed to organizational goals and initiatives.
- Updates stakeholders on key initiative wins and opportunities, responds to concerns, and solicits feedback. Engages leadership to develop and execute action plans to address gaps.
- Assists direct reports with building and maintaining stakeholder relationships as business partnerships.
Leading Discipline Team
- Champions leaders’ vision for product and service delivery.
- Works with direct reports and peers to develop and implement strategies and goals. Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding goals to produce desired results.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep team moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to direct reports, peers, and leaders.
Managing And Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|