A Pastry Cook is responsible for creating, preparing, producing and baking all pastries, breads, rolls and desserts for food and beverage outlets in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Pastry Cook, you would be responsible creating, preparing, producing and baking all pastries, breads, rolls and desserts for food and beverage outlets in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To delight our guests and provide unforgettable experience by preparing and serving food as dictated by the menu to our guests or management in a clean safe and timely manner. Keep a clean work area and a positive attitude, helping wherever necessary to deliver a product that will exceed our guest’s expectations.
- The ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- The ability to follow directions and maintain good working relationships with supervisors and managers.
- The ability to follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- The ability to operate kitchen equipment safely and properly in the kitchen.
- The ability to utilize the computer system and to read all orders.
- The ability to prepare and present on a timely basis all foods for meal service.
- The ability to respect and accommodate servers request regarding guest’s preference and requests.
- The ability to handle all types of food and rotate it according to established procedure.
- The ability to work closely with standard recipes and plate presentation in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- The ability to complete requisitions, obtains proper signatures, submit, pick up transport and store all items.
- The ability to work standing for up to scheduled hours in a kitchen environment.
- The ability to clean all work and storage areas.
- The ability to ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- The ability to report and handle any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
- The ability to maintain a good working relationship with other employees, providing instruction and encouragement as needed.
- The ability to respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- The ability to perform other task or projects as assigned by hotel management and staff.
- The ability to work as a team.
- The ability to work flexible hours as hotel business changes.
Pastry Cook Responsibilities
- Basic knowledge of different type of Pastry & desserts
- Operating and managing Twist pastry kitchen with the Pastry chef for the day to Dinner operation
- Working with Twist Pastry chef Developing new recipes for seasonal menus
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Monitoring the stock of a la carte desserts | baked items
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
Pastry Chef Requirements
- High school diploma
- Post-secondary training at a culinary institution
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field
- Two or more years’ experience working within the food industry as a Pastry Chef, Baker, or relevant role.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production execution environment
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!