Sales & Marketing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Sr. Manager, Loyalty Product Development & Management (Digital/New Products) will be a key contributor in managing existing consumer-facing Loyalty digital products (e.g., Points Purchase Program, Air + Car). Day-to-day management of digital products includes working with cross-discipline teams (e.g., Loyalty Marketing, Finance, Global Technology) to achieve product goals, drive growth through product optimization, and maintain key vendor relationships.
The position will also be responsible for New Loyalty Product evaluation, development, and management—helping Marriott Bonvoy anticipate and meet the emergent needs of our millions of members globally. This process requires a strong capacity for market research, competitive analysis, strategy setting, business case development, and product activation in a fluid environment characterized by considerable ambiguity.
Success in this role requires strong strategic thinking, attention to detail, an ability to consolidate and synthesize key information for senior leaders, and a willingness to be tested on complex projects and initiatives.
Education And Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance OR
- 4+ years of relevant consulting, marketing, product development/management experience, or loyalty—demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, or related major.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex projects on-time and within budget.
- Experience with program management, including governance and reporting process design, risk escalation/resolution, and design/facilitation of strategic working sessions.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
- Proven track record of success working in or with fast-paced, consumer-focused organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current on loyalty competitive landscape and industry trends.
- Proven experience introducing and implementing cutting edge ideas; conception through final delivery.
Core Work Activities
Product And Strategy Leadership
- Support Director in development of strategic initiatives, new product evaluation, and product management in furtherance of Loyalty strategy.
- Support Director in coordinating cross-functional working teams comprised of senior discipline experts including, but not limited to, representatives from Global Technology, Digital, Loyalty Operations, Global Operations, Global Brands, Human Resources, Cards, Finance, Customer Experience, CEC to meet project objectives.
- Develop presentations related to the project execution/status, new product evaluation, and Digital Product management for senior management and other key stakeholders (e.g., owners, associates, customers).
- Provide ongoing monitoring of progress against program and project-level milestones / performance metrics, developing and maintaining reporting on these items (and any associated risks/issue) to leadership.
- Support initiatives on behalf of the Loyalty organization to drive change within Loyalty and across Marriott International with the following responsibilities:
- Develop/coordinate development of high-quality deliverables and work products in support of the project.
- Monitor and provide constructive feedback on work products produced by other members of the Loyalty Team.
- Participate in review cycles at key milestones & provide perspectives to manager related to project management decisions.
- Actively participate in strategy sessions, contributing materially to strategy development
- Support development and activation of complex implementation plans.
- Ensure timely delivery against milestones.
Managing Work, Projects, And Policies
- Manage and implement work and projects as assigned.
- Generate and provide accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Analyze information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Demonstrating And Applying Discipline Knowledge
- Provide technical expertise and support to persons inside and outside of the department.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of function-specific procedures.
- Keep up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to job.
Delivering On The Needs Of Key Stakeholders
- Understand and meet the needs of key stakeholders.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Determine priorities, schedules, plans, and necessary resources to ensure on-schedule project delivery.
- Collaborate with internal partners and stakeholders to support business/initiative strategies.
- Communicate concepts in a clear and persuasive manner that is easy to understand.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business priorities.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy, and enthusiasm.
- Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
- Presents ideas, expectations, and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow-up.
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
– Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
–Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building And Contributing To Teams
- Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving For Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
Planning And Organizing
- Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Coworker Relationships Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
- Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
– Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|