Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa is seeking a Full time Night Auditor to join our team at our award winning resort!
Assist guests efficiently and courteously in all Front Office related functions, while projecting high standards of service and professional hospitality at all times. Balance and post charges and settlements. Reset systems for next day operations.
FRONT DESK SKILLS
Assist guests by:
- Properly assign room locations, rate room selling strategies, and guaranteed or requested room types.
- Have daily knowledge of groups or functions in-house and local current events.
- Understand qualified discounts, their availability and application of vouchers.
- Accurately handle future and same day reservations or take walk-in guests.
- Check-in and check-out guests in a knowledgeable, efficient, and professional manner.
- Assist guests with safe deposit box use at Front Desk.
- Post, correct, or adjust charges to guest account as necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel credit, cash in advance, and check cashing procedures.
- Maintain accuracy in cash handling procedures.
- Perform all shift checklist responsibilities.
- Familiar with frequently used Standard Operations Procedures.
- Basic knowledge of how to operate all Front Office equipment. Ability to solve basic equipment problems and/ or who to contact for resolution.
- Support team members to ensure the team’s entire workload is completed daily.
- Actively identify barriers and attempt to resolve within the team.
- Nurture team and teamwork concept.
- Trained on all hotel emergency procedures, equipment, and utility shutoffs.
ROOMS CONTROL SKILLS
- Assist the hotel operation by completing the following responsibilities:
- Blocking rooms for same day based on: VIP’s, specific location or views guaranteed to groups.
- Communicate with Manager regarding status of groups.
- Communicate with Housekeeping regarding VIP arrivals and expediting VR rooms.
- Run hourly house counts and confirm selling strategy with Manager/ Supervisor.
- Willingness and ability to train new associates.
- Communicate pertinent shift information to Manager/ Supervisor and team members both verbally and in writing via logbook. Update as necessary.
- Pass-on pertinent information to next shift. Group information, current selling strategy, follow-up required for guests or shift responsibilities.
- Familiar with property, departments, hours of operation, and services of the hotel.
- Answer phones within 3 rings using proper greeting and etiquette.
- Understand and carry out specific duties for: fire alarms, bomb threats, and medical emergencies.
- Ability to make long distance, international, or special billing telephone calls.
- - Receive and deliver clear and professional messages in PMS and offer assistance with voice mail.
- Answer basic Front Office related questions.
- Properly send, receive, and log faxes in a timely manner.
- Properly accept, log, and maintain mail in an organized manner.
- Report, log, and follow-up on telephone equipment malfunctions.
- Confirm, record, and deliver wake-up calls (using manual sheet and/ or switchboard).
- Use and explain the use of TDD equipment for hearing impaired.
- Assist team in completing daily responsibilities.
- Be readily available/ approachable for all guests.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the Director of Front Office:
- The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
- Ability to Work Overnight (it is an overnight position)
- Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
- Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
About Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort and Spa
The Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort and Spa is a full service resort hotel, managed by Urgo Hotels & Resorts. As a Marriott employee you will receive discounts at Marriott hotels worldwide and great benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company paid Life Insurance & STD, LTD, 401(k), Vacation and PTO!
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans and Drug Free Workplace