Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
As a member of the Revenue Management Product team, the Director, will help manage Commerce partnership and integration with new CRS. The Director will lead all aspects of product roadmap, design, delivery and integration of revenue management product with the Commerce portfolio. The Director will participate in product roadmap development and work with multiple teams in the delivery of continuous business value. In addition, the role will support initiation of new business opportunities identified by business stakeholders for coordination across Enterprise Products teams. The role will bridge technical and business worlds to ensure the partner management products are designed to meet business needs.
The Director is a Revenue Management – Commerce partner subject matter expert and serves as a “go to resource” for timely updates to internal and, where applicable, external customers. The Director will provide leadership through hard lines and dotted lines and foster a team spirit and a highly collaborative environment. This role will engage key stakeholders to drive the development and implementation of enhancements or new capabilities from conception to launch while understanding any implications of decisions and suggest trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth, and timelines.
Education And Required Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university, preferably in a technology and business discipline.
- 8+ years in technology, product management and/or business consulting, demonstrating progressive career growth and patterns of exceptional performance.
- Understands and able to discuss technology concepts and build consensus by translating between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Roadmap strategy and definition experience.
- Demonstrated ability to assess end user/customer needs, creatively approach solutions, and decide and influence appropriate course of action.
- Experience and success in implementing new business applications with complex technology integration and business process change on time, on budget, and with high client satisfaction.
- Direct management of cross functional, sourced and matrixed teams.
- Experience working directly with Architects and Engineers on product roadmap.
- Experience evaluating trade-offs and leading exploration of new opportunities with technical team members.
- Direct management of complex budgets in excess of $3M in direct and indirect costs.
- Experience building business cases to drive investment and resource decisions.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple high-complexity efforts and competing priorities.
- Robust analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, develop recommendations and report out.
- Ability to work through ambiguous and open-ended business requirements and priorities and translate the same into a clear roadmap and definition of success
- Ability to establish clear communication and storytelling via presentations, key performance metrics, reports and data.
- Strong interpersonal skills including team player that works well with counterparts from various functions/departments and has the ability to influence the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
Core Work Activities
- Understand how our business and technology needs are evolving and provide insights and recommendations as you partner with key stakeholders to identify short-term solves, bridge strategies, and long-term visions for assigned product(s).
- Gather and detail product requirements from stakeholders across the organization to inform roadmap items; evaluate technical complexity of requirements in order to appropriately prioritize work and manage expectations cross-functionally.
- Develop and lead the technology roadmap and backlog to implement specific product capabilities, ensuring critical requirements are identified, the best solutions for the end user are delivered every time, and alignment with broader group and portfolio objectives.
- Advocate for the end user by developing a deep understanding of their needs through feedback and research.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to drive value and develop customer friendly features and enhancements.
- Provide direction for the technology development, including cost estimation, budget management, scope and delivery strategy definition, and establish milestones/schedules.
- Work with Sr. Business Analysts to guide them in writing user stories and acceptance test criteria for features and detailed functional & nonfunctional requirements for the engineering teams.
- Partner with solution architects and software engineers to determine best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
- Plan delivery, integration & test, and post-launch support for all the elements required in product delivery and operation working with applicable teams.
- Manage project/scrum teams based upon roadmap(s). Meet regularly with the team(s) to gather work statuses, discuss obstacles, provide advice, guidance, encouragement, and constructive feedback to ensure deliverables are met timely.
- Maintains high performance levels by attracting, developing and retaining talent, managing performance, building career paths, and aligning performance and rewards to company goals.
- Contribute to end user support artifacts/information/collateral development including feature/capability descriptions, end user business value stories, etc.
- Actively drives adoption of Technology operating model changes.
- Champion excellence in business ethics and integrity, social responsibility, cross-cultural effectiveness, and associate engagement.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|