Boston Marriott Long Wharf, 296 State Street, Boston, Massachusetts, United States VIEW ON MAP
- 4 days / 32 hours per week.
Assists in carrying out the daily activities of the Human Resource Office including recruitment, total compensation, and training and development. Additionally, he/she assists in delivering HR services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success; as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and operating procedures.
Education And Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the human resources, management operations, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Core Work Activities
Assisting In Managing Recruitment And Hiring Process
- Assists in the interviewing and hiring of Human Resource employee team members with the appropriate skills, as needed.
- Assists in establishing and maintains contact with external recruitment sources.
- Attends job fairs and ensures documentation of outreach efforts in accordance with Human Resource Standard Operating Procedures.
- Networks with local organizations (e.g., Hotel Association and peers) to source candidates for current or future openings.
- Assists in monitoring candidate identification and selection process.
- Performs quality control on candidate identification/selection.
Assisting In Administering And Educating Employee Benefits
- Works with the unemployment services provider to respond to unemployment claims; reviews provider reports for accuracy and corrects errors.
- Assists with unemployment claim activity reports.
- Attends unemployment hearings and ensures property is properly represented, as needed.
Assisting In Managing Employee Development
- Assists with departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Assists with coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of guest service in company culture.
- Ensures attendance by all new hires and participation of the leadership team in training programs
- Assists with ensuring departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
Assisting In Maintaining Employee Relations
- Assists in maintaining effective employee communication channels in the property (e.g., develops daily communications and assists with regularly scheduled property-wide meetings).
- Utilizes an “open door” policy to acknowledge employee problems or concerns in a timely manner
- Ensures employee issues are referred to the Department Manager for resolution or escalated to the Director of Human Resources/Multi-Property Director of Human Resources.
- Partners with Loss Prevention to conduct employee accident investigations, as necessary.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
Assisting In Managing Legal And Compliance Practices
- Assists with ensuring employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Assists with ensuring compliance with procedure for accessing, reviewing, and auditing employee files and ensure compliance with the Privacy Act.
- Assists with ensuring medical records are maintained in a separate, secure and confidential medical file.
- Facilitates random, reasonable belief and post accident drug testing process (in properties where applicable).
- Communicates property rules and regulations via the employee handbook.
- Assists with ensuring all safety and security policies (e.g., property removal, lost and found items, blood borne pathogens, accident reporting, and hygiene) are communicated to employees on a regular basis through orientation, property meetings, bulletin boards, etc.
- Assists with periodic claims reviews with Regional Claims office to ensure claims are closed in a timely manner and reserve levels are appropriate for open claims.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Assists with managing Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and manage costs.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.