Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
The Senior Manager, Global Enterprise Insight & Strategy, plays a critical role as a major insight and strategy provider in support of the Consumer Operations organization and the broader enterprise. This role will support the Senior Director, Global Enterprise Insight & Strategy in developing customer insights and strategies and working with teams across the organization to address implications. The Senior Manager will leverage all technical resources available to ensure the consumer is kept at the center of key business decisions. A critical role of the Senior Manager will be to understand key questions that are being (or should be) asked by the business teams, identify the appropriate solutions and business information sources (including research, analytics, and third-party information) to answer such questions, and synthesize data and insights into actionable steps to drive the business forward. The Senior Manager will also be responsible for managing and coordinating a number of cross-functional efforts across the broader Global Enterprise Insight, Strategy, and Analytics team, including the monthly Insights Package and the quarterly Brand Health report.
The Senior Manager will demonstrate knowledge on relevant issues, products, systems, and processes, keeping up-to-date on the market, consumer trends, competitive dynamics, and emerging threats.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and influence management skills, including the ability to challenge the status quo
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of discipline-specific systems, tools and business practices.
- Is able to understand and analyze multiple sources and types of information (qualitative and quantitative) to derive insights and strategic recommendations.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning – Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.