Sales & Marketing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Vice President Revenue and Distribution Analytics plays a key Analytics leadership role within Consumer Operations, leading a team of analytics experts who are responsible for providing data driven insights and recommendations in support of Marriott’s revenue and distribution strategies and initiatives. Key work efforts for the Vice President and his/her team include:
- Analyzing revenue and distribution performance results relative to Marriott’s overall performance
- Analyzing Market Share Performance (RPI)
- Measuring the performance of key initiatives; developing insights which inform overall discipline strategies
- Working collaboratively with other analytics, research, and insight teams to generate enterprise-level insights and strategies
- Federating data and analysis to enable good ongoing decision-making by discipline leaders.
- Identifying KPIs, forecasting performance, setting goals
In addition, the Vice President will play a key role as part of the leadership of ISA (Insights, Strategy & Analytics) - Topline Analytics, representing this center of excellence in internal and external forums.
Education And Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university required
- Advanced degree in operations research, applied mathematics, statistics, economics, business analytics, engineering etc. preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Experience in building or transforming an analytics discipline for an omnichannel organization
- Experience in providing analytical insight to help inform successful company and business unit strategies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under difficult conditions, particularly when faced with complexity and ambiguity.
Core Work Activities
Leads All Work Efforts For Revenue And Distribution Analytics
- Leads the measurement of effectiveness of key revenue and distribution analytics efforts, applying best practices and ensuring the right analytical techniques for measuring effectiveness
- Partners with Consumer Operations leaders to support enterprise-level and high-priority discipline-specific efforts through strategic analysis, tracking performance vs. goals, providing recommendations and insights for future efforts
- Translates discipline results into KPIs for the evaluation of revenue management and distribution
- Present comprehensive analytical recommendations and actionable insights to disseminate findings and successful practices to key stakeholders and senior management. Explain complex analytics to a broad audience with varying levels of technical background and understanding.
- Drives excellence in collaboration and communication across the organization both within the Global Insights, Strategy, and Analytics team and throughout the enterprise.
- Represent Analytics in a wide range of internal and external forums (e.g., Franchise Advisory Councils, Owner Meetings, GM conferences, ad agencies, consultants and vendors, industry organizations).
Managing Projects And Priorities
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and direct reports.
- Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects. Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new plans or programs. Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of the teams’ operations.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes or programs.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Leading Discipline Team
- Champions leaders’ vision for product and service delivery.
- Works with direct reports and peers to develop and implement strategies and goals. Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding goals to produce desired results.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep team moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to direct reports, peers, and leaders.
Managing And Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating
Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|