Sales & Marketing
Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
With every journey, travel has the power to shape us and our world. Begin your journey as a Sr. Manager of User Experience Research at Marriott International, repeatedly voted 24 years in a row as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For®. Join our high energy and talented User Experience & Design team creating best-in-class digital experiences for one of the most recognized hospitality companies in the world.
This role is hands-on actively conducting user research, while continuously advancing research methodologies in digital. Collaborating closely with designers and product stakeholders, this role drives execution across research areas: study design, screener & discussion guide design, recruiting, data processing and analysis, as well as preparing and socializing results. He/She/They will promote research best practices drawn from a variety of disciplines, continually seeking to improve research methods. The ideal candidate will have real world experience conducting research as part of the product development lifecycle, should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, and be able to work collaboratively with peers and stakeholders in research execution.
The role will be part of a team that provides user research oversight for experience design across all digital channels and products. This team, within the broader UX organization, focuses across all product areas to ensure that designs are driven by user needs and data across the full experience (web to app to on-property) so the overall end consumer experience is seamless, easy and intuitive.
Education And Experience
- 5+ years of relevant qualitative research experience plus 4 year undergraduate degree in relevant discipline
- Demonstrated expertise in designing experiments, conducting qualitative research, and translating research to inform user-centered design decisions
- Proven ability to collect and analyze user behavior through moderated and unmoderated research, surveys, benchmark studies, web analytics and customer feedback using online testing tools (e.g. User Testing, UserZoom, etc.)
- Collaborative, highly-organized, and strong attention to detail
- Stellar written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
You’re Exactly Who We’re Looking For If You
- Possess exceptional qualitative research skills, with the ability to translate and draw insights from qualitative and quantitative data
- Can balance user, business, and technical needs
- Advocate for research and data though reports and in-person presentations
- Lead with a user-centric mindset to drive impactful research
- Thrive on creating innovative solutions to challenging user and business problems
- Value deadlines, set realistic expectations around them and then meet them
- Are comfortable with a culture of feedback and regular opportunities to critique and be critiqued
- Pro-actively surface research insights to drive a more user-centered experience
Nice To Have
- Good mix of qualitative and quantitative expertise for data triangulation and interpretation
- Experience managing other researchers and/or agency partners
- Experience with major, large-scale global digital apps, web sites, or other digital products within the commerce or travel space
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including facilitation, presentation, storytelling
Core Work Activities
Demonstrating And Applying Discipline Knowledge
- Partner closely with designers and stakeholders to understand design questions, identify gaps in data, and use research to bring designs to life
- Clearly explain research decision and findings to potential users, your team, and stakeholders
- Identify future opportunities by keeping up to date with research methodology, design trends, societal shifts, and new technology
- Be a thought partner providing recommendations based on research and data for experience enhancements across all digital touchpoints
- Provides subject matter expertise, including design of experiment, qualitative research methodology, and data triangulation to help meet user goals
Measurement & Analytics
You value data or insight over opinion, by basing decisions on metrics, segment data, and user research findings and insights.
- Ability to conduct user research, collect and synthesize quantitative and qualitative feedback and translate into an actionable design strategy
- Comfortable with multiple qualitative, quantitative and mixed-method research, like surveys, usability testing, multivariate testing, A/B testing, etc.
- Able to inform options/variables for A/B or multi-variate testing
Managing Work, Projects, And Policies
- Provides accurate estimates as to needed time to complete work to feed project plans (and therefore personal deadlines)
- Successfully manages multiple assignments at once
- Accepts critique and critiques work of others in a helpful and professional manner
- Works independently with minimal supervision, but knows when issues should be escalated to manager
- Develops relationships with members of other teams, and leverages those relationships to answer questions
- Presents work with clarity and confidence; explains complex matters so that others can understand them
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|