An Inspiring Career Awaits You!
The Kessler Collection is made up of 13 artful hotel and resort properties, 26 restaurants, and over 1,700 Grand Performers across ten states, we continue to grow and so will you! The opportunities are endless. Our mission of inspiring places, intuitive service, and exuberant guests means we are committed to our Grand Performers learning, development, and well-being.
We believe people want to be inspired!
Our Grand Performers Receive Many Benefits Including:
- Marriott Employee Discounts Worldwide
- Competitive Wage & Discretionary Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company-Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) with Discretionary Company Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
The overall objective and purpose of the Executive Sous Chef position are to oversee all production in the kitchen and banquet area in conjunction with, and absents of the Executive Chef to ensure a consistent, high-quality product is produced while maintaining the operating budget. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food-related functions.
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a file of recipes, including ingredients, portions, and directions for preparation and presentation of each dish.
- Set Standards and methods for portion control for each dish on the menu, with the perceived value factor in mind.
- Ensures all recipes are followed exactly and consistently.
- Assumes responsibility for kitchen in absence of Executive Chef.
- Monitors inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper levels and quality.
- Conforms to all company specifications when dealing with vendors and in developing vendor agreements.
- Assist with and maintains job descriptions for each kitchen position to include skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Achieves budgeted labor cost and food cost.
- Arranges training of staff on the proper use and cleaning of equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Periodically reviews the job performance of staff through the use of performance reviews.
- Acts as an example and enforces the hotel's culture in the kitchen.
- Assist with organizing kitchen meetings at least once a month.
- Participates in Grand Performer performance appraisals and progressive discipline as required.
- Assist Executive Chef with developing and coaching staff.
- Participates and attends manager meetings and all other mandatory meetings.
- Maintains the kitchen cleanliness and organization standards.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build a high-level performance and consistency throughout the collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools, and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data, and basic arithmetic functions
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
- Food Safety Manager Certification – preferred or attained within 30 days
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus,airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting, and standing for long and short periods of time.