UMMIT HOSPITALITY GROUP: HOTEL BARTENDER JOB DESCRIPTION (Full-Time and Part-Time Openings)
SUMMARY: The Bartender position for at a Summit Hospitality hotel is responsible for preparing alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks for guests according to specified recipes. The Bartender will use standard/corporate measuring systems. He/She will issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles/beer/mixed drinks. This is a very visible position at the hotel. The person filling this role is an ambassador of all the core values of Summit Hospitality Group where “Service is the Ultimate Amenity”.
- Previous experience in hotels, restaurants, country clubs, or banquet facilities with high volume and active serving environments.
- Exceptional people-pleasing orientation.
- Strong professional and personal work ethic.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, train others, and develop and maintain positive work relationships
- TIPS/ServSafe Alcohol Certified
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The expectations of this position requires a work week that includes weekends/evenings (Saturday and/or Sunday). Hours beyond 40 must be approved in advance by your Supervisor. This only applies to Associates who are non-exempt.
- Ensure all guests are of proper age to consume alcohol by following standard and federal/state/local regulations for serving alcohol.
- Prepare delicious drinks and serve beverages according to standard product supply and to measuring standards.
- Prepare various food items as listed on the 2200 Lounge menu
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Follow all corporate safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe working conditions to the General Manager and your Supervisor.
- Complete and maintain safety training and certifications.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach stated/budget goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Duties are subject to change and additional responsibilities/tasks may be assigned as needed.
- Flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to sit, stand, walk, bend and reach for extended periods of time.
Summit Hospitality Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summit Hospitality Group LTD. and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant's race, color, sex, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity, or on the basis of age with respect to persons 18 years or older.
Posted November 17, 2023