CANOE PLACE INN & COTTAGES:
New York’s iconic “first stop out East,” Canoe Place in Hampton Bays is a beautifully restored boutique hotel opening this summer. The refreshed destination is home to an inn and cottages, restaurants and bars, a full-service spa and inspiring historic event spaces with countless job opportunities.
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is part of the Main Street Hospitality collection of boutique hotels and restaurants. Built on three generations of hospitality leadership, we are deeply committed to genuine experiences for our guests and business partners. Our hotels are destinations, each with their own voice.
For more information please visit: Hotel Management Company New England | Hospitality Management MA
The Door/Bellperson provides positive service standards including but not limited to courtesy, sincerity and enthusiasm to all guests and patrons of the Hotel. They will provide a warm welcome to a fond farewell and take care of the guests as soon as they step foot onto your driveway, ensuring a lasting impression for their stay.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Follow all service standards at every interaction with a guest
Retrieve guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts.
Provide directions, contact local transportation, keep entrance free of debris and snow and operating smoothly
Communicate any potential challenge and possible guest related inquiries to supervisor or appropriate department and ensure follow through
Review all arrival reports, VIPs, events and groups to ensure daily operations run smoothly
Communicate effectively via radio with the Front desk, Concierge, Bellmen and Guest Relations for all arrivals and departures to ensure anticipatory service
Be aware of guests’ comings and goings from all entrances
Written and verbal English skills to effectively communicate with supervisor, colleagues and guests
Ability to effectively assist guests
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive both standard and an automatic vehicle
Ability to solve problems and use good judgment when interacting with guests and employees
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Willingness to work at peak hours, which may include evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Warm and engaging personality with good communication and interpersonal skills, especially verbal, with management, co-workers, guests, and other parties
- Very self-confident and mature; able to manage systems, employees, and demanding guests
- Extremely self-sufficient with good analytical, administrative, and problem-solving skills
- Good discretion and independent judgement in evaluating data and determining courses of action
- Ability to interpret, and implement management policies or operating practices
- Good self-discipline with an ability to complete tasks independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, issues, co-workers, and guests in stressful situations and take responsibility in a professional manner
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages offers a thoughtful package of benefits for eligible employees:
- Group insurance, including medical, dental and vision, in addition to company-paid life insurance
- Optional insurance plans include Short and Long-term disability, Accident and Critical Illness
- 401K retirement program with employer match
- You work hard and deserve time to unwind and relax. That’s why we offer paid time off including vacation days, personal days and holidays
- Hotel discounts throughout Main Street Hospitality’s hotel portfolio
- Career development, child reimbursement and more!
Canoe Place Inn & Cottages is equal opportunity employer. EOE M/F/D/V