Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Design, engineering, marketing, estimating, technology and innovation are just a few of the core functions in Marriott’s Global Design Strategies group. GDS is looking for an exceptional program manager to help manage its diverse portfolio of projects and lead its business management. The Senior Director, Program Management role provides a rare opportunity to help shape the future of the organization by providing synergy, consistent management, and greater visibility across our various projects and workstreams to stakeholders.
The successful leader will combine a forward-looking vision, exceptional project management skills, business management, and a truly collaborative spirit. This is an opportunity to lead a best-in-class project management organization and serve as the primary financial and business advisor to the group’s leadership. The role will blend structure and flexibility to suit the organization and create an environment to deliver a portfolio of projects in an agile way. As the primary financial and business advisor, the Senior Director, Program Management will lead the operating result analysis and reporting as well as annual budgeting, financial risk monitoring/mitigation and overall financial performance/cost management.
In order to deliver genuine business value in an ever-changing business climate, this individual will need to work collaboratively across several Marriott departments (Global Design, Brand, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Global Operations, Technology and others) and external stakeholders (consultants, vendors, owners, franchisees and others). Additionally, success in this role requires strong leadership & strategic skills coupled with an astute understanding of utilized platforms. This role is global in scope and interfaces with Marriott’s global regions (US & Canada, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific & China, Caribbean & Latin America).
- Responsible for development and management of project management organization (PMO) by establishing guidelines and processes for successful execution of projects across a diverse portfolio.
- Drive decisions on a program and project specific basis for resourcing, scheduling and budget.
- Understanding of business drivers and transaction details of projects.
- Serve as financial advisor to the Global Design Strategies leadership team with ongoing reporting and forecasting of financial operating results translated into actionable intelligence.
- Lead the annual budgeting process.
- Responsible for identification and implementation of process enhancement opportunities that increase efficiency and allow for consistency of efforts.
- Negotiate financial and other terms directly with consultants and other external entities.
- Ensure overall accuracy of department financial statements and records (Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet).
- Application of professional judgment and skepticism to challenge business transactions and related proposals for appropriate business structure and risk mitigation.
- Lead efforts to maximize revenue opportunities for Global Design Strategies.
- Handle staffing, staff internal placement, and establishing outside resource networks as required.
- Develop strong relationships and provide constant and consistent communications with internal and external stakeholders.
- Special projects as required by business needs.
Key Skills / Requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communication, and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles.
- Excellent project management skills and knowledge of contracting strategies with third party consultants and other outside entities.
- Direct management of complex budgets in excess of $10M.
- Ability to identify issues, recommend solutions, and implement resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence, and collaborate effectively in a matrix-managed environment, with multiple complementary groups.
- Build and maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial, startup attitude in a big company setting, self-starter who takes initiative in an ambiguous environment to generate momentum & positive business outcomes.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills with ability to interpret and translate data into key learnings and execution plans that drive business results.
- Minimum 12 years progressive experience in project management, including significant management responsibilities.
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|