Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
The Director, Human Resources will serve as the HR Partner for assigned departments within the Global Technology. This individual will report to the Sr. Director, Human Resources – Global Technology and will help drive all ongoing HR processes (talent acquisition, compensation, development and performance management, engagement, associate relations, and workforce planning) to build organizational capability and meet business goals of the assigned client organizations.
Education And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in human resources, organizational capability, human capital consulting or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance
- Recent experience as a Human Resources Business Partner with Senior Level Executives; specifically, broad experience base in one or more of the following areas: talent management and development, workforce planning, employee relations, recruitment, compensation, performance management and coaching, organizational design, and change management
- Experience building and tracking HR metrics/scorecards with high-level proficiency in MS Excel
- Advanced degree, including MBA or MS
- Experience supporting global organizations with direct HR partnership for non-US locations
- Experience supporting Global Technology and/or Digital organizations
- Experience managing organizational transformations
- Experience in a role requiring independent decision-making and management of conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding collaboration and project management skills
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles, including sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Experience with Oracle HRMS systems and applications
Core Work Activities HR Partner
Provides consultation and support to business leaders to optimize human resources strategies.
- Partner with Global Technology leadership team to develop and execute against the HR Talent Strategy.
- Partner with stakeholders to drive a high-performance culture across Global Technology and Marriott through the leadership and execution of HR business strategies by facilitating the implementation and execution of initiatives that drive associate engagement, reinforce company culture, and engender commitment from associates.
- Consult with business leaders on managing performance within their organization and ensure optimal business decisions are made that protect and strengthen Marriott culture and brand. Coach to build a performance and feedback culture within client teams.
- Through participation in administrative staff meetings for assigned business leaders, support the implementation or execution of initiatives that drive associate engagement, reinforce company culture, and engender commitment from associates.
- Work with Global Technology leaders to develop and act on a diversity strategy plan including having diverse candidate slates for key jobs and identifying and developing high potential diverse talent.
Supports the ongoing development of talent and organizational capability for assigned teams.
- Partner with department managers to understand the talent needs of the organization; assess current and future talent needs based on business levels and growth plans, develop plans and programs to address both talent and skill gaps. Work with recruiters to ensure positions are filled with candidates who best meet the profile and job specifications. Partner with Recruiting team to develop recruiting action plans.
- Partner with leaders as appropriate to ensure that organizational structures are aligned with business goals, work processes/systems are efficient and can be leveraged across disciplines, and roles and accountabilities are clearly defined and aligned with key priorities and a shared vision with decisions made at the right level. Also ensure that supporting components (compensation structure, bonus plan design, job design) support business goals.
- Supports facilitation of succession and workforce planning activities that support the business growth strategy. Applies personal expertise in talent assessment to facilitate optimal development planning.
Monitors, manages, and administers human resource procedures and plans for assigned teams.
- Facilitate effective and timely completion of core HR programs and processes (e.g., Human Capital Planning, Compensation Planning, Performance Management, Engagement Survey) to support the selection, development, and engagement of Global Technology talent.
- Monitor and manage HR data reporting templates and processes to provide organizational health metrics for Global Technology. Partner with HR leadership to identify the critical data components and build sustainable mechanisms for ongoing tracking and reporting.
- Partners with HR Services team to work through associate relations issues associated with performance, leave, business integrity, terminations, or other associate relations matters.
- Garner support from appropriate COEs (e.g., HR COEs, Finance, Legal, etc.) to provide solutions to Business Partners, and in turn, serve as resource and sounding board to HR COEs in their efforts to build enterprise solutions.
Core Work Activities HR Operations
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|