Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAP
Manages a team and contributes to the successful delivery of security programs and projects across the security portfolio. Coordinates resourcing for project managers. Runs program and portfolio steering committees and aligns with portfolio management team for governance. Able to represent program and project status to stakeholders for regular updates and readouts. Maintains alignment to the Enterprise SDLC process and security specific processes.
Education And Experience
8+ years in project/program management experience that includes:
- Managing relationships in IT organizations
- Managing direct reports and matrixed organizations
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict conflicts and drive direction/focus
- Budget development/management
- 3+ years’ experience developing and executing strategic IT plans
- 2+ years’ experience in developing portfolio, program and/or project standards
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience/certification.
- Graduate degree
- Project management certification
- SAFe or Agile expertise
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
- Experience with business process re-engineering and agile implementations
- Demonstrated knowledge of supported discipline.
- Strong process management, negotiating, influencing, and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate the lifecycle of technologies and applications and to translate into business strategies for the client organizations.
- Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and partnering in a managed service environment.
- Experience in managing and executing multi-year plans.
Core Work Activities
Program And Portfolio Management
- Supports or leads modeling and planning phases for new initiatives under consideration
- Supports or directs program initiatives for status, quality or analysis as needed.
- Collaborates with teams to ensure that work is represented in the portfolio and committed
- Helps teams remove roadblocks, identify dependencies with other teams and projects.
- Aligns projects with technology roadmaps and GIS road map
- Incorporates project plans, costs, schedules, and deliverables to meet business need and in support of the business case.
- Monitors project risk management; creates and implements mitigation plans for each risk.
- Monitors portfolio for status, risk, issues and maintains integration.
- Manages change along the roadmap.
- Provides executive overview of roadmaps
Financial, Contract And Risk Management
- Provides input to GIS to develop annual budgets
- Manages GIS roadmaps along a common path for financial visibility
Managing Projects And Priorities
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for self and direct reports.
- Provides direction and assistance to other teams regarding projects. Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any projects on schedule.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new plans or programs. Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
- Plans, develops, implements, and evaluates the quality of the teams’ operations.
- Provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness of processes or programs.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders.
- Supports achievement of performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
Managing And Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Promotes the fair and equitable treatment of employees.
- Facilitates regular, ongoing communication in department (e.g., staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with customer and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns
- Promotes adherence to policies consistently, follows disciplinary procedures and documents items according to Standard and Local Operating
Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
|Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?|