An Inspiring Career Awaits You!
The Kessler Collection is made up of 13 artful hotel and resort properties, 26 restaurants, and over 1,700 Grand Performers across ten states, we continue to grow and so will you! The opportunities are endless. Our mission of inspiring places, intuitive service, and exuberant guests means we are committed to our Grand Performers learning, development, and well-being.
We believe people want to be inspired!
Our Grand Performers Receive Many Benefits Including:
- Marriott Employee Discounts Worldwide
- Competitive Wage & Discretionary Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company-Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) with Discretionary Company Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
The overall objective and purpose of the Kitchen Supervisor position are to assist the Sous Chef with the preparation, flavoring, and cooking process for daily specials and menu creations. The incumbent is responsible for overseeing the supervision of all kitchen staff ensuring food quality and Kessler standards are met. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the outlets in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established by the company.
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meets or exceeds industry standards for the preparation, serving, and storing of food.
- Prepares meals according to recipe in a regular and consistent manner.
- Assigns duties to all kitchen staff as needed.
- Ensure that food preparation is completed for the next shift.
- Accurately completes daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning lists.
- Assists with scheduling and training of kitchen Grand Performers.
- Records production and waste on a regular and consistent basis.
- Assists the Sous Chef with menu creation and daily specials.
- Implements departmental safety rules and regulations, including the property handling of all relevant equipment and machinery.
- Ensures all recipes are followed exactly and consistently.
- Monitors inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper levels and quality
- Assist the Sous Chef with developing and coaching staff.
- Maintains kitchen cleanliness and organization by following safety standards.
- Completes daily walkthroughs of kitchen area.
- Assist the Sous Chef in tracking food costs and completing monthly inventory.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high-level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools, and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data, and basic arithmetic functions
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Cook 2
- Cook 1
- Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
- Food Safety Manager Certification – preferred or attained within 30 days
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions & physical demands of this role.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane, or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.