Posted September 15, 2022DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Newark Airport
JOB OVERVIEW: Set up of Banquet Room and serve food and/or beverages in a friendly, courteous and professional manner according to Crescent high standards of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Set up banquet room as instructed by Supervisor to include linen, serviceware and glassware.
2. Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and hotel expectations.
3. Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
4. Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the Supervisor to ensure consistency throughout the banquet. Promptly remove dishes as guests complete each course and/or meal at the end of the meal or function.
5. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
6. Replenish beverages as necessary, and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
7. Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to Supervisor’s specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function.
8. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
9. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette. Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and serviceware. Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel. Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Our hotel is next to Newark Liberty International Airport, with a free shuttle every 30 minutes. We're seven miles from Cape Liberty Cruise Port and 10 miles from New York City. Every stay starts with a chocolate chip cookie, and Starbucks coffee and grab-and-go items are available in the lobby. Enjoy our fitness center and indoor pool.