Posted November 15, 2022AC Hotel by Marriott Fort Worth
Position: Director of Style
JOB OVERVIEW: Provides supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
2. Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
3. Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
4. Manage finances of housekeeping and laundry operations including budget and inventory controls. Analyze data and compile reports on expenditures, wages, labor, supplies etc. in relation to hotel financial forecasts and budget. Establish and maintain adequate supplies for efficient operation of department.
5. Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
6. Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with hotel hazard communication program.
7. Plan and conduct staff meetings. Attend various other related meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
8. Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, decor, etc. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of rehab projects.
9. Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals. Knowledge of policies applicable to housekeeping, especially those relating to safety and security of guest and hotel property. Basic mathematical skills to prepare moderately complex calculations for financial reporting. Supervisory skills to manage entire housekeeping operation. Ability to deal effectively with employees, vendors, contractors. Ability to coordinate and cooperate with other departments regarding housekeeping services/activities. Ability to stand, walk, bend, reach and move continuously to inspect rooms on all floors of the hotel. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
AC Hotel Fort Worth Downtown is a new, upscale hotel in Fort Worth, Texas, near sites like Sundance Square, Dickies Arena, Fort Worth Zoo and Fort Worth Convention Center. The elegantly designed hotel features 252 guest rooms, all outfitted with modern conveniences and comfortable sleeping accommodations. In addition, this pet-friendly hotel also offers free WiFi, a 24-hour business center and fitness center. After a day exploring downtown Fort Worth, unwind at our restaurant and bar, AC Lounge, for delicious tapas and tasty cocktails. Relax on the outdoor patio and try our signature cocktail, A Custom Gin Tonic, or choose one from our seasonal cocktail menu developed by our expert mixologist. Our 5 event rooms totaling 4,200 sq. ft. are equipped with cutting-edge, high-tech equipment, making our hotel the perfect space to host a business meeting or wedding. AC Hotel Fort Worth Downtown offers the modern amenities you need to ensure your stay in Texas is comfortable and productive.