Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
The Vice President, Digital Strategy & Planning will lead a team focused on efforts to ensure that we properly define, plan and execute digital strategies across various Consumer Operations and Continent departments. Functions as a key business leader for Digital Products in driving strategy, prioritization, communications, and overall operational effectiveness within the digital organization. Responsible for driving and enabling the Global Digital organization's strategic objectives through strategic assessment and development of key approaches, processes and communication geared to enable overall department effectiveness. Position works with leaders in digital direct to establish cross department and cross-company strategies that span beyond specific function or digital area and or in support of critical areas within digital. Role manages the creation of and delivery of digital portfolio prioritization processes to ensure evolution of digital experiences are align with customer needs and value creation for owners & franchisees and Marriott. Position is responsible for overall communications strategy in partnership with Planning & Services VP, Communications to drive stakeholder engagement across Marriott and with franchise and owner communities. Position will partner with Business Transformation Office and Strategy and Planning to ensure that work across digital ladder’s up to and is in alignment with overall Marriott strategies and partner to ensure that Digital roadmaps, strategies, and opportunities our communicated to key stakeholders including owner and franchisee communities.
Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
Leading Through Vision And Values
- Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
Initiates and/or manages the change process and energizes it on an ongoing basis, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace; serves as role model for how to handle change by maintaining composure and performance level under pressure or when experiencing challenges.
Problem Solving And Decision Making
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Building A Successful Team
Uses an effective interpersonal style to build a cohesive team; inspires and sustains team cohesion and engagement by focusing the team on its mission and importance to the organization.
– Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
Driving For Results
- Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Develops collaborative relationships with fellow employees and business partners by making them feel valued, appreciated, and included; explores partnership opportunities with other people in and outside the organization; influences and leverages corporate and continental shared services and/or discipline leaders (e.g., HR, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Revenue Management) to achieve objectives; maintains effective external relations with government, business and industry in respective countries; performs effectively as a liaison between locations, disciplines, and corporate to ensure needed resources are received and corporate strategies are understood and executed.
Generating Talent And Organizational Capability
- Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning And Applying Professional Expertise
- Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application.
Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific strategic work challenges.
- Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Basic Computer Skills
- Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
This position requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment, subject to applicable law. If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire, unless a reasonable accommodation request is received and approved.