ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Check server and houseperson banquet event orders to ensure that all information is accurate.
2. Check room set-up to see that banquet event order directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
3. Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout the function.
4. Communicate all banquet event order changes to catering or convention services office and affected departments.
5. Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
6. Verify staffing levels for the next day's functions. Adjust schedules accordingly through the addition or cancellation of servers/bartender/housepersons.
7. Operate as a banquet server when needed; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
8. Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
9. Post all banquet checks at end of day and turn in to Night Audit
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
11. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An empowering experience awaits you at The Westin Chicago Lombard, a dynamic destination for business travelers and vacationing families. Our hotel is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, providing a complimentary shuttle to the nearby Metra station, which takes you directly into the city. Stretch out in your intuitively appointed room or suite and enjoy amenities including the Westin Heavenly® Bed and White Tea by Westin™ bathroom products. Move well in the WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio, or rejuvenate with a swim in the indoor pool. Sample fresh fare at one of our on-site restaurants, which offer Italian cuisine, seafood or pick up a healthy on-the-go breakfast from Yorktown Market. We offer 39,000 square feet of venue space, including an expansive ballroom - the largest in Lombard. In your down time, walk across the street from our hotel to Yorktown Center, visit Morton Arboretum or venture into Chicago and explore. Whatever the reason for your Lombard visit, we look forward to making it special.