Posted September 23, 2022Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel
Reporting to the Director of Procurement - Strategic Initiatives, the Travel and Expense Program Manager will direct, administer, and monitor travel policies, guidelines, and budgets for all enterprise travelers and purchase card (p-card) holders. This position will be responsible for direct oversight of the travel and expense management programs ensuring travelers and p-card holders adhere to authorized travel spending limits and credit card expense policies. The Travel and Expense Program Manager will be required to keep up with new trends in the world of business travel and quickly adapt by setting up rules, manage expenses, and extract relevant data from travel reports that will aid in making long term travel program and expense policy recommendations. This position requires a person to have a strong working knowledge of travel management processes and possesses excellent interpersonal skill and negotiating skills. The Travel and Expense Program Manager will organize and lead internal meetings, conduct training, and implement best practices and ensure compliance with established rules that are consistent with San Manuel’s Travel and P-Card Expense Policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Direct oversight of the travel and p-card expense programs. Drives collaborative relationships to gather feedback, understand and resolve issues, recognize opportunities, and drive continuous improvement.
2. Provides advice on travel and expense policy and programs. Manages p-card application and policy acknowledgement process. Ensures compliance in all aspects of the travel and expense programs.
3. Provide reporting and analysis of travel and expense programs to leadership using reporting tools and software programs. Maintains extensive awareness of evolving market conditions and changes in the travel industry and effectively communicates to key internal stakeholders.
4. Facilitates and manages travel programs that are safe, organized, user friendly, and according to San Manuel’s travel and p-card expense policies. Takes the lead on negotiating with key travel service providers to secure favorable rates to include, airline, hotel, ground transportation, car rental, and various VIP services.
5. Develop and executes orientations and training programs for new and existing team members.
6. Performs other duties as assigned to support efficiency of the department
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with applicable law. As one of the largest private employers in the Inland Empire, San Manuel deeply cares about the future, growth and well-being of its employees. Join our team today!
All applicants must be able to demonstrate their US work authorization during the employment verification process.
Yaamava’ Resort & Casino at San Manuel was formerly named the San Manuel Casino.
We are located just 60 minutes from downtown Los Angeles in the city of Highland, CA, Our gaming resort is owned and operated by the San Manuel Entertainment Authority.Phase 1 of our expansion opened July 24 with an expanded casino space offering more than 6,500 slots, five high-limit gaming rooms, live entertainment, a full array of dining options which include The Pines Modern Steakhouse, the Hong Bao Kitchen, Just Barbeque, the Serrano Vista Cafe, Rock & Brews, the Chingon Kitchen, Quick Bikes, the Big Mo’ Cafe, the TuTu’s Food Court and six cocktail lounges and bars.
Our luxury resort features a 17-floor hotel tower with 432 guest rooms and suites, an elevated pool deck experience, a lavish full-service spa and salon, expanded dining options, convenient 24-hour in-room dining. Our gaming resort offers sweeping views of the San Bernardino Mountains.
Indian gaming in California is an exciting, thriving industry. Whether working on the casino floor or providing support to gaming operations as a “behind the scenes” employee, you can contribute to a dynamic and challenging business and have opportunities to learn and grow with the gaming industry.
At San Manuel, our team members define us. Working at San Manuel is more than just a job. It is a career that will help you grow into the successful professional you want to be.
We value our employees and offer a comprehensive Benefits Program:
Apply today to join our team!