An Inspiring Career Awaits You!
The Kessler Collection is made up of 13 artful hotel and resort properties, 26 restaurants, and over 1,700 Grand Performers across ten states, we continue to grow and so will you! The opportunities are endless. Our mission of inspiring places, intuitive service, and exuberant guests means we are committed to our Grand Performers learning, development, and well-being.
We believe people want to be inspired!
Our Grand Performers Receive Many Benefits Including:
- Marriott Employee Discounts Worldwide
- Competitive Wage & Discretionary Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company-Sponsored Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 401(K) with Discretionary Company Matching Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
The overall objective and purpose of the Engineer 1 position are to maintain the property. The incumbent is responsible for providing maintenance of plumbing, appliances, electrical equipment, boilers, painting, and sprinkler systems, as well as respond to guest requests. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established by the company.
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuinely warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Respond promptly to guest requests. The follow-up to ensure the guest is satisfied
- Maintain exercise equipment, steam room, and sauna
- Maintain pool, hot tub, and proper PH levels.
- Maintain electrical system
- Maintain laundry equipment
- Maintain boilers with proper temperature
- Maintain pumps, checking for loose parts and leaks
- Paint walls, trim, and baseboards. Repair and stain wood doors
- Snake and repair plumbing
- Walk building and replace burned-out light bulbs. Complete checklists
- Use software program to respond to deficiencies in rooms and hallways
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect company assets, including tools and equipment
- Read SDS sheets and follow proper chemical handling. Update SDS as needed
- Work efficiently in order to meet daily requirements
- Solve problems proficiently
- Secure lost items according to the specifications
- Maintain a neat and organized work area
- Maintain complete knowledge in the use of equipment and property management systems and access according to specifications
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean, and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe conditions
- Welcome and acknowledge guests with disabilities and follow proper procedures to accommodate needs.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to perform all Engineer 1-related tasks and proficiently use job-related tools and equipment
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgment and effectively solve problems
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow instructions, prioritize and multi-task
- Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High school diploma, General Education Degree, or related training equivalent- required
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, stand, walk, stoop, bend and crouch for up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 450 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane, or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.