Flexible schedule, Employee Referral Program, Complimentary parking, Hilton Honors discount program, Employee assistance program
Posted September 21, 2022Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt
Are you looking for a flexible schedule where you can be out of work before the afternoon? You've come to the right place!
$10.00 per hour plus tips
Job Title: Restaurant Server
Department: Food & Beverage
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Food & Beverage Supervisor, Manager or Director
Job Purpose: To serve meals to patrons according to established rules of etiquette.
1. Serves ice water and/or coffee upon greeting the table.
2. Presents menu to diner, suggesting dinner courses, appropriate wines, and answering questions regarding food
3. Writes order on check or memorizes it.
4. Relays order to kitchen or bar and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
5. Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
6. Serves patrons from dish at table on occasion.
7. Observes diners to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when meal has been completed.
8. Totals bill and accepts payment or refers patron to cashier.
9. Replenishes supplies and prepares for the next meal.
10. Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Use arithmetic to total costs and make change.
2. Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
3. Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
4. Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money and merchandise.
5. Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: None required
Licenses/Certifications: Must have TIPS and Food Safety certifications.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical & visual requirements (check all that apply)
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.
If you are interested in the position, please apply using the below link:
Located just yards from Music Row in downtown Nashville with excellent service and great facilities, the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt hotel helps you make the best of your time in town. Situated in the vibrant Vanderbilt neighborhood, you are in easy reach of some of the area’s best entertainment venues as well as the University of Vanderbilt, the Ryman Auditorium and Bridgestone Arena.
With complimentary WiFi, a business center and over 6,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, this Vanderbilt hotel is an ideal choice if you are visiting on work. A fitness center, indoor pool and the famous Garden Sleep System® help you feel relaxed, rejuvenated and ready for whatever the day ahead holds.