Posted September 21, 2022Hyatt House Seattle/Bellevue
$20.00 - $22.00 + Tips
$20.00 - $22.00 + Tips
The cook is responsible to prepare, season, and cook menu and non-menu orders according to LodgeWorks/Brand specifications. He/she will also clean and sanitize all work areas including kitchens, food preparation, dish washing, storage, service and other areas as directed. He/she may help order supplies or help keep records and accounts. He/she will follow safe food handling and service practices and work closely with the sales staff to service guests, meeting rooms, events, catering, restaurants and bars. He/she will comply with any licensing or regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
· Food handling certificate in states or counties where required.
· Long and flexible hours sometimes required.
· Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
· Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to reach overhead, utilize both hands, to bend over, to stoop and kneel.
· Must be capable of climbing and descending stairs during their shift.
· Must be able to understand and follow directions, guidelines and work objectives as set forth by his/her supervisor.
· Must be able to understand potential hazards and subsequent procedures involved in working around commercial chemical agents.
· Must be capable of self-supervision and have the ability to manage time accordingly in order to complete the required work in a pre-specified amount of time.
SERVICE ATTITUDE AND COMMUNICATION
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include compliance with LodgeWorks/Brand dress code and uniform requirements.
· Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be always attentive, courteous and efficient in the dealings with guests, managers and all other employees.
· Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
· Develop a team player attitude for the good of the hotel.
· Interact with guests by being professional.
FOOD & HANDLING RESPONSIBILITY
· Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
· Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, hot plates, buffets, etc.
· Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
· Season and cook food according to standards or recipes.
· Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes.
· Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or guests.
· Complete prep in advance as required by supervisor.
· Responsible for the sanitation of the kitchen and food preparation areas.
· Follow safe food handling and service practices at all times.
· Work closely with the sales staff to service the meeting rooms, events with catering and any other needs.
· Practice safety throughout the work shift by removing/correcting any hazards identified.
· Follow all LodgeWorks/Brand safety practices such as: wearing personal protective equipment, reading chemical warning labels, and all other safe work practices.
· Responsible for food service set up and break down.
· Handle meeting room catering needs. Frequently check with contact person of meeting to see if anything else is needed.
· Must be able to operate grills, ovens, hot plates, buffets, juice and milk machines, commercial refrigerators and freezers, coffee brewer, commercial dishwasher, and vacuum cleaner.
· Maintain the kitchen in an orderly and clean fashion.
· Wash dirty dishes as soon as possible.
· Restock any necessary items during service hours.
· Monitor food inventories and maintain appropriate levels; do grocery shopping activities.
· Comply at all times with LodgeWorks/Brand compliance standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Participate in all-employee meetings, events and other functions required by management.
· Be familiar with all policies, hotel rules and hotel terminology.
· Attend meetings as required by management.
· Perform any other duties as requested by management.
A modern and upscale hotel located near downtown Bellevue, WA, Hyatt House allows you to live your best life while on the road. Enjoy convenient access to I-90, the Microsoft Campus, and close proximity to major corporations such as Boeing, T-Mobile, and Samsung.