A Groundskeeper is the introductory level Grounds position and performs routine manual labor involved with grounds and landscape maintenance; semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work; operate small power equipment like blowers, edgers, string trimmers and rotary walk mowers; and occasionally work in an environment involving larger equipment like tractors, loaders and deck mowers. A Groundskeeper will continually undergo and be exposed to training and development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Must posses a keen eye for detail and an ability to work well with the supervisory staff.
• Safely operate mowers, hedge trimmers, string trimmers, edgers, chain saws and small hand tools in performing job assignments.
• Edge along all curbs, sidewalks and hardscapes as directed by supervisory staff.
• Walk-mow lawn areas and all areas as identified by supervisory staff.
• Shovel sand, gravel and/or mulch as directed.
• Hand remove weeds as directed by supervisor.
• Operate a backpack or hand held blower for debris clean-up as prescribed by supervisor.
• Pick-up, empty and remove debris and trash.
• Participate in landscape projects such as trimming shrubs, plants, and trees; installing plant materials; mulching; overseeding; greenhouse maintenance and seasonal activities, and any miscellaneous landscape related tasks identified by supervisory staff.
• Maintain fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment used on a daily basis.
• Report all equipment problems or failures to his/her supervisor or a mechanic immediately.
• Refuel and clean all equipment upon completion of assignment on a daily basis.
• Return all equipment to the designated area upon completion of the task.
• Keep the equipment storage areas clean and orderly.
• Working knowledge of and ability to safely use hand and power tools and equipment.
• High degree of good common sense and basic math skills.
• Basic oral and written communication skills and able to follow instructions.
Communication with the mechanic staff is essential.
• Experience landscape maintenance is preferred.
• High School diploma or equivalent General Education Degree (GED) is preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the requirements of driver insurability as established by the insurance carrier is preferred.
• Responsible for attending all company required training sessions; including but not limited to safety, human resources, equipment, etc.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Explore exciting career opportunities with opportunity for upward mobility, generous benefits packages, and employee housing opportunities.
Horseshoe Bay Resort is currently hiring in various departments across the resort including Agriculture, Golf, Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Marketing & Sales, and more! Begin your career at our exceptional, AAA-four diamond golf resort on the shores of Lake LBJ with diverse amenities and luxurious accommodations located in the highly desirable Texas Hill Country.