Housing, breakfast essentials and hot lunch, on site laundry and more provided!
Posted September 7, 2022The Ranch at Rock Creek
Start NOW! Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the opportunity to work at the world’s first Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star guest ranch and glamping destination. The Ranch at Rock Creek offers year-round unique vacations on an authentic 19th century homestead. Luxury service is provided with genuine warmth
Primary Purpose of Position
Responsible for planning and executing the successful achievement of Rooms revenue as defined by the annual operating budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Proactively drive market share and revenue performance.
2. Constantly monitor defined competitive set and make timely, appropriate yielding decisions.
3. Develop overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels.
4. Review Group / Event P&Ls to ensure profitability is being met with every piece of business.
5. Effectively manage and be in control of all rooms inventory.
6. Have a course of action to address concerns with the property’s occupancy and ADR figures.
7. Responsible for the effective implementation and compliance to hotel standards and procedures.
8. Ensure all distribution channels are maximized and show rate parity.
9. Share best practices with Rooms and Sales departments.
10. Lead the property’s weekly Revenue Meeting.
11. Produce accurate weekly forecasts: 30-60-90 day.
12. Develop and execute the daily selling strategy.
13. Analyze and communicate guest issues to include, but not limited to: guest inconvenience, guest reservation issues and guest rebates.
14. Oversee the development and effective execution of the internal communications and VIP Program.
15. Assist in the recruiting and training of the Rooms departments utilizing Forbes Travel Guide reservation standards, specifically with reservations and selling techniques.
16. Develop and implement packages, including package components and package revenue distribution.
17. Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of the Employee Handbook and SOPs.
18. Actively participate in the Manager on Duty program.
19. Communicate relevant issues to the Assistant General Manager & General Manager. Have combative strategies prepared.
20. Actively participate in the creation of the annual budget: Rooms Day-By-Day, Rooms Stats and Rooms Expenses
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Management, HRTM or Accounting.
3. Minimum of three years’ experience in hospitality operations.
4. Computer training and proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Illustrator. Adobe Suite.
5. Understanding of PMS functionality.
6. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and coworkers to their understanding.
7. Ability to provide legible communication.
8. Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
9. A valid driver’s license.
10. Previous hotel experience, preferably front and back-of-house.
11. Previous guest service training.
12. Knowledge of Springer Miller Systems and NAVIS.
1. Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and follow-up as necessary to receive desired results.
2. Ability to analyze and resolve problems exercising good judgment.
3. Ability to focus attention on details.
4. Ability to input and access information in aforementioned software programs.
5. Ability to analyze data, make meaningful conclusions and execute sound actions.
6. Ability to prepare and present effective presentations.
7. Ability to train staff to effectively execute systems and standards.
8. Ability to exert physical effort: lifting, bending, seated for long periods of time.
9. Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of employee, guest and company information.
10. Ability to work with limited direct supervision.
11. Ability to ascend and descend stairs.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The Ranch at Rock Creek is an all inclusive guest ranch nestled in one of Montana's most pristine valleys. The Ranch at Rock Creek offers year-round unique vacations on an authentic 19th century homestead. It has been recognized as the World's only Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Guest Ranch. As a Relais & Châteaux property, we've spent the last six years expanding the frontiers of luxury travel with our one of a kind accommodations, extensive amenities, inventive cuisine and access to over 35 guided outdoor activities on the ranch.
Set among 6,600 acres (10 square miles) of rugged Montana ranchland just outside Philipsburg, MT, guests experience limitless outdoor recreational opportunities, outstanding accommodations and cuisine, and a renowned full-service spa. Families, couples, and friends will discover that The Ranch at Rock Creek is unparalleled among Montana vacation ranches. It's a place that offers the feel of the ‘true West’ without sacrificing true comfort.
Our employees come not only from Montana, but from all across the United States, Europe, and Asia. Meeting new people, creating custom guest experiences, trying new activities, and taking advantage of all The Ranch and the local community has to offer is part of a typical employee experience.
The Ranch is located in a very remote area, and those seeking the hustle and bustle of city life should not look here. Successful employees enjoy the rural beauty of the area and the outdoor activities it provides. Candidates should have a strong luxury hospitality mindset. Our most successful employees are those who are self-motivated, confident, good at multi-tasking and creating special connections, and who, above all, show impeccable work ethic. A love of the outdoors and an adventuresome spirit are crucial. The desire to work as a team and go above and beyond the call of duty when necessary is what makes our Ranch so special.
The Ranch at Rock Creek staff enjoys Montana at its finest. There is exceptional access to hiking, camping, and backpacking in the Anaconda-Pintler Wilderness. There are plenty of chances to try new hobbies, such as horseback riding, archery, ice skating or sapphire mining. Southwest Montana is an excellent place for budding photographers, who will see some of the most diverse wildlife in the United States.
In addition, staff members will find themselves steps away from Rock Creek, one of the world’s only Blue Ribbon trout streams. More fishing access is enjoyed on Flint Creek and Georgetown Lake. If you love to fly fish, there is almost no better place in the world to spend a season. Just 25 minutes away, Disovery Ski Area is an alpine skiing destination that becomes a mountain biking mecca in the summer.