Make your future with us. You’ll be an integral part of shaping great communities at a Glassdoor top-rated company. Working in a fun, supportive environment committed to quality, collaboration and integrity – with great associate benefits to match!
Executes the community’s marketing, leasing, and renewal strategies to achieve occupancy, revenue, and resident retention goals by performing all activities related to leasing to new residents, providing resident satisfaction throughout the term of the lease, and securing resident lease renewals.
• Performs all sales and leasing activities to achieve the community’s revenue and occupancy goals by greeting and qualifying prospective residents, conducting community tours, and showing apartment homes, processing applications, credit screening, and criminal background checks, preparing the lease and move-in package, and ensuring a smooth resident move-in and lease signing.
• Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions that may impact the community’s occupancy and sales results, develops, and implements short- and long-term marketing plans and goals to sustain occupancy, and follows the community’s established policies related to concessions, specials, and other programs to boost occupancy.
• Uses the on-site community management software application (OneSite) to track apartment home availability, record traffic and leasing activities, manage resident and future resident’s data, and capture critical demographic and other information about existing and future residents.
• Ensures that the community meets Quarterra’s standards by daily inspecting the marketing corridor and leasing tour, communicating maintenance and upkeep needs to the community’s maintenance team, merchandising and ensuring physically appealing models and amenities, and preparing the leasing office for daily leasing activities.
• Follows-up with future guests and new residents to ensure satisfaction by sending e-mail, thank-
you notes, and cards or making telephone calls or other contacts to finalize decisions to lease
• Executes activities in support of the community’s lease renewal program by preparing lease
renewal letters and packages for residents, meeting with and contacting renewing residents in advance of move-out dates and ensuring that lease renewal documents are signed and implemented on time.
• Responds quickly and courteously to resident concerns and questions and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual.
• Completes various accounting, financial, administrative reports.
• Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with
regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to area of
responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual.
• Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Quarterra, community, and departmental
policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, Associate/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual.
• Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions and recommendations to improve efficiency and productivity.
• Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications or utilizing other appropriate method to obtain business and professional information and applies knowledge and practices to area of responsibility.
• Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
• Minimum of one to two years of experience in leasing, sales, or marketing that demonstrates
customer service background sufficient to resolve customer complaints.
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal documents, sell, and explain apartment amenities, and answer questions regarding residency.
• Proficiency in executing sales skills, such as generating sales leads, conducting sales presentations, qualifying prospects, and closing.
• Literate with computerized financial and word processing software.
• Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand
and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information
• Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for marketing, advertising, and sales-related
circumstances, including using Craig’s List, Google, and other search engines, and navigating the
internet and websites.
• Must have a valid state approved driver’s license.
Quarterra Group (NYSE: Q) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, asset management company. We are a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, passion, and vitality. The company was founded in 2022 following the spin-off from Lennar (NYSE: LEN). Quarterra is comprised of three rapidly growing real estate verticals: Multi-family (QMF), Single-Family Rental (QSFR), and Land Strategies. QMF is a real estate development and operating company with a diverse portfolio of institutional quality multifamily rental communities across the US.
Between our completed developments and pipeline, QMF owns and manages over 100 communities across the US that exceeds 41,600 homes and $15.3 billion in development costs and consists of high-rise, mid-rise and garden apartments. QSFR, the single family for rent platform, started operations in 2021 with its first fund in excess of $1.5 billion. Quarterra Land Strategies is a land finance vehicle with two active funds with over $3 billion of assets under management.